Getting to know you...

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Fright Faces!

Post by soulmining »

I'm Phil, nearing 40, and I've been a loyal supporter of FrightFest since it started in 2000.

Some of you will know me as I've written stuff for FrightFest before including the 'TV Eye' blog, some postcards from Toronto and and also the 'Rough Guide' in the previous years' programmes. I also used to be a contributor for Eat My Brains and Dread Central, before I started 'The Ultimate Movie Podcast' with my buddy Chris in 2008... (http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk)

I live and work in Brighton where I'm involved in ticketing for live gigs and shows.
PhilRihanna.jpg
First things first, stay calm.
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Hi, i'm jason or jay. It doesn't bother me. I'm 30 and from a small town the other side of guildford.

You will normally see me either wearing a NEW YORK baseball shirt or some kind of RUE MORGUE apparal. Hence the name above.

Don't be shy, i won't bite!

Oh, im the one without the beard and that isn't david hess! :)
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Myself (Rawshark) and the lovely Kimblebee at 2009's Film4 FrightFest opening night..

Originally from Torquay, first got into horror films by freaking out fellow 8-year-olds with pictures of Carrie and Texas Chainsaw Massacre during breaks in Ilsham Primary School playground.

Now based in London - went to my first FrightFest in 2004 after fellow Eatmybrains / Zombie Club creator Jim told me about the festival (we met, along with Russ, aka Zomblee, on the set of Shaun of the Dead).

Have been to every FrightFest since. I helped set up the first incarnation of the FF forum back in the day, and have designed some of the festival's T-shirts - including "...Gives you the Willies" back in 2006.

I'm also incredibly lucky enough to work for a London-based film distribution company and we're proud to have two films in this year's line-up...

It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
Pestilence
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Pestilence »

Real name's Gareth. Regularly come down from Nottingham for Frightfest and this'll be my fourth full weekend there. I'm also Dread Central's resident UK bod so cover the fest for them while I'm there.

Feel free to say hi, as I'm generally a pretty quiet bloke. Unless, of course, we're talking drunk out of my gourd and accosting the guests at the Phoenix - as I'm sure Phil can attest. :D

I can be seen below, making a rather awful face with our favourite Mr. Lynch.
100_0797.JPG
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

This is me, for what it's worth.....This year will be my eleventh FF.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
goregoregirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by goregoregirl »

I'm Steph and here is a recent picture of me. I've been going to FF on and off since 2003. Come say hello if you see me around... I'm not as grumpy as I look.
Twitter @goregoregirl
Obi-Wan
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Obi-Wan »

This is me...one on the left...the other one kept ranting on about the space/time continuum and flux capacitors!

I'm a writer/director of short films and I live in Portsmouth. I'll only be at FF on Saturday and Monday this year, as I only get back from the U.S. Friday morning.

Fairly approachable, but if I have jet lag I may give you a 'Huh?' look. Don't be offended!

Obi/Gary
Fortune and Glory kid, Fortune and Glory!

On Facebook - Gary Mancini

http://www.myspace.com/mancinipicturesltd
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

This is me - I'll be about for approximately half the films and Mr S will do the other 50% due to childcare commitments (we're sharing a ticket this year). We've been going since 2005.

If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

2nd year at FrightFest, queued up at 3 in the morning for my lanyard, but that doesn't compare to the hardcore sons a bitches who where there on Thursday. Mucho respect!

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

ZombieCommand wrote:I'll be the first to admit that this pic isn't as professionally shot as the first, but goddamn if I ain't beautiful :p
Brilliant!

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
SatansLeftNut
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by SatansLeftNut »

@streetrw I chatted to you for a bit in the queue!

Here's me and the other half, both attending this year, we're both newbies so say hi! :mrgreen:
twitter.com/AlexGirling
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

SatansLeftNut wrote:@streetrw I chatted to you for a bit in the queue!
I'd be the other guy you chatted to for a bit as well. Hope you have a great time in August - I suspect you will!
"I see the bad moon arising.."
SatansLeftNut
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by SatansLeftNut »

orlovsky wrote:
SatansLeftNut wrote:@streetrw I chatted to you for a bit in the queue!
I'd be the other guy you chatted to for a bit as well. Hope you have a great time in August - I suspect you will!
I'm sure I will, ta!
twitter.com/AlexGirling
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Getting to know you...

Post by orlovsky »

Don't see what was wrong with this photo thread in the first place, but hey. Must of been munged in the forum move..
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

kimblebee wrote:Hello Frightfesters,

How about posting a good old-fashioned mug shot and a bit about yourself here so Frightfest veterans and Frightfest newbies can all put a name to a face and say hello when the big day in August (or even the Sleepy queue) arrives?

I know we had a thread like this a couple of years ago, but I can't seem to find it...

So I'll get the ball rolling -

I'm Kimberley (aka Kimblebee), 25 y.o. originally from Lincoln, now a Londoner :-) This will be my 3rd full Frightfest weekend but my first Frightfest film was in 2006.

I'm a massive horror fan, I live for films! and I love music :-)

ahem.

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 287#p38287