Annoying Movie Goers

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Annoying Movie Goers

Post by maxmum »

Or a pen
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

Or a really stiff :lol: straw
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Well it looks like this problem is only getting worse unfortunately.

I have been to seven films at this year's London Film Festival and throughout each one of them someone was either texting or talking or both.
I asked a girl who was texting to please turn her phone off to which she replied 'Oh yes, sorry' and then proceeded to continue to check her phone and text throughout the entire film. What do you do once you've asked twice?

The final film I saw last night was ruined by two girls in the row behind commenting to each other approximately every 20 to 30 seconds.

On top of that I was astounded how late people came into screenings. Last night people were coming in 40 minutes into the film!

The whole experience left me very frustrated. I think next year I will give the LFF a miss and from now on will stick to only going to the cinema for weekday afternoon screenings at my local Picturehouse when there are usually about three other people watching the film. I'm lucky enough in my job to get days off in the week so I may as well take advantage of this.

This is such a shame as for many new releases now I just think 'I'll wait for the DVD'. Guess I'd better get saving to enhance all my home cinema equipment!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

I'm surprised the LFF audience behave like this... I only saw one movie there this year but that was fine.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Was the same at Grimm Up North today

Not good
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

I think many people now just think it's ok to behave as though they're in their own living room while in the cinema.

I don't really see a solution to it. Even if they 'banned' mobiles people will still talk.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Annoying Movie Goers

Post by MaxRenn »

Properly trained, properly renumerated ushers and a one warning then you're out policy. Works for the Alamo Drafthouse apparently. It's not a majority that does this, it's a minority. It's time everyone else agreed not to stand for it anymore
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

If someone opened a cinema with ushers and a zero tollerance on antisocial behaviour during a screening I'd go there all the time. As they wont, it's beers and blu-ray round mine :lol:
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

maxmum wrote:This is why i miss out on going to the cinema so much these days - cant stand the knobheads who go.

Frightfest is my best time of the year to watch stuff without knobheads ruining it.

So y'all better behave! :P
It’s a shame you didn’t feel the same during ET and the Prince Charles Cinema.
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Vampirella wrote:
maxmum wrote:This is why i miss out on going to the cinema so much these days - cant stand the knobheads who go.

Frightfest is my best time of the year to watch stuff without knobheads ruining it.

Really? she only went out for a drink and then slept through the rest of it.... not a peep out of her.

Expaaaaaand on your accusations dear :)
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

Satans Puppy wrote:
Vampirella wrote:

Really? she only went out for a drink and then slept through the rest of it.... not a peep out of her.

Expaaaaaand on your accusations dear :)
My group were in the same row as your group. As I’ve already said to her, if she fell asleep then it was the rest of your group who chatted through most of ET.
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
SheDevil
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by SheDevil »

Vampirella wrote:
My group were in the same row as your group. As I’ve already said to her, if she fell asleep then it was the rest of your group who chatted through most of ET
Yup, there was quite a lot of talking going on in our row which I thought was really disrespectful. Classic films like E.T deserve as much respect as new films, even if we've all seen it many times before...
She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

The rest of the group was urrrr Me and Sarah I was happily watching the film as Mario had left and sarah may have sighed from time to time...

I do believe wires have been crossed. :wink:
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

Satans Puppy wrote:The rest of the group was urrrr Me and Sarah I was happily watching the film as Mario had left and sarah may have sighed from time to time...

I do believe wires have been crossed. :wink:
No they haven't.

The end of the row was loud. You guys were talking. Start of Hatchet 'chat chat chat', During ET 'chat, chat, chat'.
Unless the fully empty rows in front and behind had invisible people who talked all the way through the film. Doubtful. It was you guys.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

There was a lot of chatting during ET and Hatchet, I’ll say that. I don’t know who it was but it was annoying – Yes we’ve all seen the films but it was a special event. Adam was there and it was a nice night for him and a lot of people were talking, I was like “come on guys, shut up” most of the time.