I Know How Many Runs You Scored Last Summer

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

I Know How Many Runs You Scored Last Summer

Post by jonbly »

Looked cheap, which is always a put off. But it turned out to be OK.

So much better than the trailer led jonbly to believe... that trailer was awful.
voxmortis
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by voxmortis »

Thanks!

We enjoyed the screening - people seemed to laugh in the right places, which was nice...

Sorry we couldn't tell the budget in the Q&A - we've been told to keep that schtum until all worldwide distribution deals are sorted (due to some distributors basing advances, royalties etc on budgets rather than potential sales).
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Didnt really expect that much of this movie but it turned out to be easy-on-the-brain fun.

Gave a whole new meaning to being stumped ;)
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

It was okay.
As long as everyone had a good time making it and it's not pretentious.
(heheh who ever heard of an "Australian" film being pretentious ?)
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Zomball
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Zomball »

Wish I'd made it along as it's been on my hit list since Cannes.

Trailers are tricky beasts to put together, especially before you've got a distribution deal in place. The early versions tend to be aimed more towards potential distributors/sales agents rather than the polished versions you see for the bigger projects.

Personally I liked the trailer. As far as I was concerned it told me what the film was going to be about and made me want to see it. Guess I need to wait for it to come out on DVD to find out!

Good work, voxmortis. Keep us posted on how things turn out.
Making zombies eat rabbit droppings since 2006
Fenriz
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Fenriz »

Sorry, but I hated this.

There were a few good moments, like the psycho sticking nails in the crotch protector or the Jesus F-ing Christ scene, and the ending was a laugh, but I just didn't think it worked at all apart from that. It was like some feature length episode of a really dull and unfunny sitcom.

3/10
rambozo
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by rambozo »

Well, I thought it was fun. Good on 'em.

Should you consider all films equally regardless of budget or production methods? Open to opinion, but I think it suffered slightly playing right after the MUCH bigger budget Eden Lake.

If it was sandwiched between Trailer Park and Bubba's Chilli, it would've played better.

Pacing in the middle slowed it down (they should think about doing a few tweaks), but I enjoyed the shower scene, deaths and weapons :)
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

[quote="rambozo"I enjoyed the shower scene[/quote]
You dirty little boy :P
rambozo
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by rambozo »

So, I'm the only one googling images of Arianna Starr? Damn...
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Thought this might be a lot better than it was.

Seemed to really drag as well.

Actually found the shower scene way too long, it got boring after a couple of minutes.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

This was definitley a miss for me. Many scenes felt too long and just seemed to fizzle away to nothing. Not enough death scenes, the whole cricket thing could have been used more.

Wasn't funny enough to pull off the horror comedy thing.
Khouri
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Khouri »

I thought this film was great. I didn't think it looked that low budget to be honest and I personally thought it added to the film, especially with how dodgy the lead police officer was. I actually couldn't stop giggling through the whole thing and thought it all worked really well.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Nope, sorry, this was just terrible. It's not as bad as Bubba's Chili Parlour but with that one exception it's the worst film on the programme. If you're going to do horror comedy it's got to be - it's ABSOLUTELY GOT TO BE - funny. And it isn't. It's a one-joke movie; the joke is in the title and it might be enough for a TV sketch show, because if you don't like it there'll be another sketch along in less than three minutes. Someone like The Two Ronnies might have got away with this sort of thing, but they (whatever you might think of Sorry, Clarence or Open All Hours) knew and understood comedy. IKHMRYSLS just doesn't. The bottom line is that it's just not enough material for a 75 minute feature. And technically it's not great either - for one thing the sound recording is poor, which is not helped by plastering thudding heavy rock music over it (okay, that's a pet hate of mine).

Yes, I know it's done on a budget of sixpence and string but that's no excuse; they spent a hell of a lot more on that remake of Prom Night and that was rubbish as well. There were other films in the festival put together on minute amounts of cash that overcame budgetary limitations and still managed to deliver (admittedly with varying degrees of success).
voxmortis
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by voxmortis »

Apologies for the sound - it was distorting, no idea why, and I'm not about to whinge about it (maybe the deck it was playing off, as our test screening was fine) - will have a look at it when I get back to Aus.

Personally I love heavy rock... and as it was a homage to 80's slashers, then it was mandatory ;)
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

I thought this was really funny - the Jesus Christ bit being my favourite. Just silly silly fun and the team behind it seem really funny (if not a bit pissed!)