I Know How Many Runs You Scored Last Summer

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

voxmortis wrote:Personally I love heavy rock... and as it was a homage to 80's slashers, then it was mandatory ;)
That was the best thing about it! :)
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

It felt like the film wasnt sure what it wanted to be. Wasnt overly funny or a good horror
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Oh, I forgot the other thing that really annoyed me - the shower sequence which was nothing better than cheap low-grade softcore in a shabby bid to pad it up to 80 minutes or thereabouts. Are the makers that desperate that they have to shove in an entirely gratuitous sequence of a naked woman to maintain our interest? More to the point - do they have that low an opinion of us as an audience that they expect us to respond positively to it? (Trans: do you think we're a bunch of w*nkers or something?)
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

But the majority of the audience did respond well to it. I know I did.

I thought of it more as a homage to gratuitous shower scenes from 80s movies usually starring Linnea Quigley. It made me laugh a lot, which is why I liked the movie quite a lot. It was clearly good fun, and the makers were having a ball, I think you would be batty not to enjoy. It wasn't a thinky film designed to leave you stumped. I have to admit, I was bowled over by it.

Etc.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
Girl Serial Killer

Post by Girl Serial Killer »

dangerous_jamie wrote:I have to admit, I was bowled over by it.
Arf!

I wanted to like this but just couldn't. The joke was spread far too thin, I think.
Stark
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Stark »

I was amused by this... not only was the shower scene tent raisingly awesome but it also made me giggle. The HOWZAT painted in blood... still making me laugh. Plus it had dodgy 'tashs...
They're coming for you Barbara...
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Most people I spoke to hated this but I thought it was ok and quite good fun
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I was so dissapointed - the lady said the shower scene would be good... I was expecting loads of naked men! :wink: :lol:
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
rambozo
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by rambozo »

Storyline I thought was basic, but just as basic as a Friday the 13th sequel, which sounds like what they were going for anyway!

They talked about the shower scene - and said it was a homage to Dressed to Kill. If you don't 'get' that the shower scene was tongue-in-cheek exploitation, then I guess you don't 'get' a huge percentage of 70/80's horrors, eh!
Gungrave
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Gungrave »

Would've made a great short. Hated the trailer last year...so actually enjoyed this more than I should have.

Good effort, but the joke did kinda run out of steam. The makers obviously enjoyed making it and enjoyed the weekend though, which really shone through.

And if you really hated it...get off your butts and try and do better! The more qulaity low budget stuff we get, the less you'll have t osit though stuff you don't enjoy.
The Power of THE RIFF compells me!
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

When the trailer got shown last year. I thought this looked really good.

Then saw the film. Then my heart sunk. Way too long and the only good bits were the various ways the victims died cricket style.

The shower scene was again too long and pointless. Was expecting more hands to suddenly appear. Like a scene from Naked Gun!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

rambozo wrote:They talked about the shower scene - and said it was a homage to Dressed to Kill. If you don't 'get' that the shower scene was tongue-in-cheek exploitation, then I guess you don't 'get' a huge percentage of 70/80's horrors, eh!
It's a long time since I've seen Dressed To Kill (on account of there being no decent DVD version in this country) but from what I remember, the shower scene (with the gorgeously lush Pino Donaggio score) cuts straight to the squalid, emotionless, mechanical s*x scene in the bedroom - juxtaposing her erotic fantasies with her s*xually frustrating reality. The scene in IKHMRYSLS is just an outtake from a Playboy Soapy Hooters video.

And you probably are the only one googling Arianna Starr - from what's displayed in IKHMRYSLS she's nothing much to write home about and (if we must have erectile euphemisms raising their heads) the tent stayed in the rucksack the whole time. Throw a stick in any shopping centre on a Saturday afternoon and it'll bounce off at least half a dozen better shaped ladies before it hits the floor.*

* Not applicable in Stevenage.
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Had it's ups and downs but did have its heart in the right place I thought... didn't like the shower scene (went on wayyy too long for my liking, I like real women not a 7 minute "this is what 'fake' looks like, sorry Arianna!) which I thought should have had some jokes in at least...
In fact, I think the film itself could have done with a few more jokes in there, the title pushes it firmly into comedy territory and my take tends to be that the more jokes you cram in the more chance you have of making more people laugh... oh, and thought the lighting was quite poorly done at times (early office scenes for example with "halos" round character's faces)

It's easy to poke holes in cheap films though, and its heart did win through for me. Will be interested to see their next project!
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

It started well but soon ran out of steam for me... a bit of a one joke film. Still, it takes the award for most gratuitious display of nakedness in a FF film though (under some stiff competition this year!)

Btw, that reminds me, but did anyone else hear a character in one of the films say that he'd been given the willies... well, it made me chuckle.
First things first, stay calm.
psychobilly
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by psychobilly »

Not keen on this one. Sound was deafening, looked bad, fair enough it was low budget, not one for the british crowd, i think it will go down well in America! Two directors seemed nice, all the best with your next one and well done getting one made at all, just clam down on the cheeseyness :) he he