Time Crimes

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Time Crimes

Post by jonbly »

Nicely done. A good example of how a good movie can be made with little money when the script is set up for it.

And, as usual, no need for a remake. Americans won't understand it anyway...
kaiju
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

time crimes

Post by kaiju »

The proposed cronenburg version would have been great he would have eaten up this material.But iheard romero might be doing it now.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

I love the time travel stories.
Since a school prize-giving I have had a collection of tales by Harry Harrison and there's the excellent Alan Moore Time Twisters.

And this simple film works that twisted logic of a man meeting himself so very well. Thanks to a couple of clever moments of misdirection the story works very well, and the two main characters do really well at engaging the viewer in what could have been science-heavy plot.
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Fenriz
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Fenriz »

Lots of people I talked to raved about his film, but I thought it was ...mmmmm okay really.

Didn't think it was as clever as it wanted to be really, was hyped up as a mindbender and a headfk, but the storyline of time paradoxs was actually pretty simple and straight forward. Still it worked pretty well though and was quite enjoyable, and had a few funny moments as well....by the time Hector 3 appeared though, I was half expecting to see a field full of Hectors in the next scene!

7/10
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Quite liked this although did think that some of the plot was rather obvious.

In terms of the whole time travel 'multiple hectors' it tried to be a bit too clever for it's own good I felt.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Nice gentle start to the day and some subtle humour thrown in for good measure.

Kept my interest throughout.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

This for me had to be in the top 5 of the weekend, something completely different to what I expected, and cleverly written.. Loved it!
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

It's an enjoyable little film. Not sure that it's a FrightFest film though - it's not any kind of horror movie. Red Dwarf did several episodes of messing around with timelines, and that's a show I'm a big fan of. Anyway, it was fun watching the fairly straightforward plot get revealed in misordered chunks, and I was expecting a final gag with Hector 4 wandering into shot.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

streetrw wrote:It's an enjoyable little film. Not sure that it's a FrightFest film though - it's not any kind of horror movie. Red Dwarf did several episodes of messing around with timelines, and that's a show I'm a big fan of. Anyway, it was fun watching the fairly straightforward plot get revealed in misordered chunks, and I was expecting a final gag with Hector 4 wandering into shot.
I like that FF throws in a few genre curveballs in the programme, god forbid we ended up with 28 slasher films in a row. True Time Crimes was not a horror film, but it definately had horror elements in the mix, Hector 2's pink bandaged face was creepy to me at least.

It will be interesting to see what Romero might do with it, although I'm disappointed Cronenberg whose talent for moulding things to his own particular vision would I'm sure have resulted in a far from straight remake.
Khouri
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Khouri »

I thought this one was good start to the day and I enjoyed it. I was getting quite tense towards the end wondering whether he was going to change what happened to his wife, so I guess I must have found it quite gripping. I reckon in the remake that they'll cast Kevin Spacey as the lead dude :shock:
Girl Serial Killer

Post by Girl Serial Killer »

I did enjoy this, but I thought it would have been better placed at somewhere like Sci-Fi-London.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

helloo - remember we are a horror/sf/fantasy/thriller film festival!!

if you cast your mind back through many years brochures and programming

28 back to back pure horror films would be overpowering and there are numerous non horror titles we have screened over the years - KISS OF THE DRAGON, DONNIE DARKO, INSOMNIA etc etc etc

the reason we named it frightfest is it is a snappy name - i guess fantasy fest would nearer capture the spirit - but it doesn't feel as good a name!

also remember that the sci fi fest have now taken to screening some horror films!
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Great film, I cant wait for this one on DVD
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

Team Banzai wrote:helloo - remember we are a horror/sf/fantasy/thriller film festival!!

if you cast your mind back through many years brochures and programming

28 back to back pure horror films would be overpowering and there are numerous non horror titles we have screened over the years - KISS OF THE DRAGON, DONNIE DARKO, INSOMNIA etc etc etc

the reason we named it frightfest is it is a snappy name - i guess fantasy fest would nearer capture the spirit - but it doesn't feel as good a name!

also remember that the sci fi fest have now taken to screening some horror films!
I think the mix of films is what makes Frightfest so good.
The London Film Festival has not been the same since the year they showed Candyman.
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Girl Serial Killer

Post by Girl Serial Killer »

Aha, I see. I thought it was just horror/fantasy. I stand corrected :)
Team Banzai wrote:helloo - remember we are a horror/sf/fantasy/thriller film festival!!