Time Crimes

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

It's pedro does the twilight zone! That's the only way i can describe it. And that's a good thing. I loved it. I just hope who ever directs it (it looks to be romero) gets a good cast and doesn't really crew around with the script too much. If they go with a man of the same age, then tony'monk' shalhoub is perfect. But i got the feeling that they will have hector younger.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

This was really good - a nice start to the day!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I loved this movie. I also love time travel stuff Adebrown, and I thought there was some true great comedy moments in it too!

My head hurts when I think about time travel.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Gungrave
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Gungrave »

Superb intrigue and story layering, and the lead characters personality development was perfect.

Loved the stting too.

A pleasant surprise and much appreciated.
The Power of THE RIFF compells me!
Tragedygirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tragedygirl »

Highly enjoyable little film .. loved the was the story played out!! Definately in the top half of the best films of the whole weekend (well 5 days!!)
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Like films that make me think and pay attention. This film did just that. Very entertaining.

This was very much like dark version of Multiplicity. Be good to get a T shirt saying" I am Hector 1"
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Or multiple customised shirts for different days - on day 4 you could be Lupogirl 2 for example :)

Really enjoyed it, thought it had a real Twilight Zone feel to the story as well!
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

maxmum wrote:I loved this movie. I also love time travel stuff Adebrown, and I thought there was some true great comedy moments in it too!

My head hurts when I think about time travel.
When I turn up at this forum again, you must not let me post my first post in the Mirrors thread !
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Having plugged this one on the 'what film are you most looking forward to' video I'm glad that it lived up to my expectations!

So good to see a time travel movie that actually made sense - really tightly plotted and had plenty of fun moments too. Also liked the fact that it didn't have to rely on a young pretty cast... unlike the remake (probably).

One of the highlights of FF 2008 and shows exactly why the festival should embrace the diversity of the genre...
First things first, stay calm.
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Oh yes, as was mentioned during conversations outside after this film, we should start the petition for remake casting here:

Tony Shalhoub for Hector!
foxeestoat
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by foxeestoat »

Great film and really doesnt need to be remade, it'll only have guns and explosions and be dumbed down.
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

AndyJWS wrote:Oh yes, as was mentioned during conversations outside after this film, we should start the petition for remake casting here:

Tony Shalhoub for Hector!
That was what I said as soon as I came out of the film, not sure if we came to the conclusion independently or if I was talking to you...apologies if I haven't made the connection!

Really enjoyed this one, especially all the humour and the lead was so well-cast.
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

I think it may well have been you who came up with it on the way out there scrobble - I am legendarily bad at remembering names and forum monikers! (Me - super fat b*stard with goatee and seemingly infinite supply of one-liner tshirts :) ) And was just too good a suggestion to not include here!
grzegorz
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by grzegorz »

i was quite disappointed with this one. i like spanish genre cinema, so my expectations were high. and it turned out to be only so so. plot wasn't really original and very predictable at times. nice few scenes though, good acting, atmosphere here and there. ok flick, but was hoping for so much more (especially after reading in FF Programe - watch it very closely, as everything is a part of the puzzle - or sth like that).
psychobilly
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by psychobilly »

im not so keen on time travel movies as they can be a bit simple, you just work backwards, anyway i really like this one, nice tone!