Freakdog

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
PappaFreakdog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by PappaFreakdog »

And - having read the posts on the other Freakdog thread - much respect to PFD for putting himself on the forum at the mercy of us online critics!

Ah you aren't such a bad bunch really xo

I can't speak for Paddy but i know the Q&A was somewhat sprung on him, and he is a pretty quiet, gentle kind of guy .. definitely not Mr Showbiz .. which i like.
Whereas, i was yelping in the background like an excited puppy, dying to get up there and .. god knows what i would have done .. stripped probably and proposed to you all .. such was my high at finally getting to see the film.
Luckily my wife had the good sense to see the alcohol to brain cell ratio was dangerously off kelter and she kept me muzzled and grounded.

All this feedback is invaluable .. more writers should put themselves out there it can only help inform their thinking on future projects.

in fact i've come to love this forum so much I'm thinking that when i finish my next script (A banshee .. ooh ah ah aaah) I might post it here and get some hot of the press feedback ... you'll all get a credit for your suggestions Written by pappafreakdog ... and two thousand others!!!
We're Gonna Need A Smaller Shark...
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

PappaFreakdog wrote:Written by pappafreakdog ... and two thousand others!!!
Splitting your writer's fee two thousand (and one) ways might be a bit painful, though...
PappaFreakdog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by PappaFreakdog »

true mate a 2000th of next to nothing ain't much but it's yours Jonbly .. don't go crazy with it.
We're Gonna Need A Smaller Shark...
grzegorz
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by grzegorz »

rawshark wrote:Too many 1 posts - smells too much of orchestrated publicity...
the same viral marketing they did with Shrooms.

hated Shrooms, but this was even worse - plain stupid. can't think of a reason to show it during FF. dull, for kids, completely unoriginal.

as for Q&A - maybe it's my poor english, but what the hell the director was trying to say??? i remember reading interview with him in Film Ireland - it was about Shrooms, that it was in vein of J-horror - and i was thinking - dude, wtf?

no tension, no suspense, no nothing. instantly forgetable. thanks Paddy you're not planning to make another horror flick.
i-went-to-frightfest
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by i-went-to-frightfest »

this wasnt a bad film it was trying its best it was inventive in places and i quite enjoyed it really
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

Wasn't keen, the story was fairly unoriginal but the biggest problem I had was that all the characters were so dislikeable - even Katherine, the supposedly 'sympathetic' lead, was lacklustre.

I had the feeling that I'd seen it all before, although it did hold my attention if nothing else.
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?