Tokyo Gore Police

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

valido wrote:VERY nerd question: wasn't the theme from the police tv spots totally ripped off from the "Masters of the Universe" movie theme - the one with Dolph Lundgren in it? (I'm so ashamed to be able to notice that... :oops: :oops: :oops: )
Yes, I spotted that as well but it didn't bother me. On a similar note (sorry), there was a recurring two or three note motif in the score to The Broken that kept reminding me of something else - some hours later it came to me as a bit of Jerry Goldsmith's score to Capricorn One.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

streetrw wrote:Yes, I spotted that as well but it didn't bother me
It just bothered me in the way that I'm not supposed to recognize the Masters of the Universe movie theme after all these years...

Didn't get the other one you mention, though it defnitely sounds more respectable :wink:
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

valido wrote:
streetrw wrote:Yes, I spotted that as well but it didn't bother me
It just bothered me in the way that I'm not supposed to recognize the Masters of the Universe movie theme after all these years...

Didn't get the other one you mention, though it defnitely sounds more respectable :wink:
Repectable, but obscure - it's a slow two-note dischord on cellos. I'm a big Jerry Goldsmith fan so these similarities do leap out at me. And Capricorn One is a terrific score.
Tragedygirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tragedygirl »

More giant penises and vaginas (ok well crocodile vaginas!!)

This got a bit tedious towards the end .. but then again I was mega tired!! I enjoyed this on the whole, very ott, very loud!! it certainly kept me awake though!!
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Gungrave wrote:Fell asleep too. Same joke re-hashed for 2 hours.

Fun for a while but got tired very quickly!
Yep I kept nodding off as well. Was quite tired. Liked the outrageous blood, crocodile limbs on the woman and limbs generally being sliced off.. Was overlong. Was safe to have short snoozes and not worry about a plot.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Agreed with most above - fun but could do with a bit of trimming! The ads and scene involving the umbrella were particular highlights for me :)
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
deathtack
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by deathtack »

OMFG YAWN
My eyes are to close together which in a paranormal way only allows me to tell the truth.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Overlong and a bit of a one note film... but hey, that's got to be one of the most bonkers films I've ever seen. Half the time I wasn't sure if I was asleep or awake... very entertaining and I loved the ads.

Wonder what the BBFC will make of it?
First things first, stay calm.
McReadys Beard
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by McReadys Beard »

bat shit bonkers......'nuff said!!
I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

A completely mental late-night gem - loved it!

I just wish that I hadn't been so tired I struggled to stay awake - although by the end I was wide awake and feeling really perky again!
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?
psychobilly
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by psychobilly »

he he loads of folk fell asleep, it was good tho, just too late! god dam
i fell asleep and kept getting woken up and just remember the hot chick had an eye missing and a fuddy hand
best sleep i ever had
grzegorz
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by grzegorz »

wow, i was quite amazed i didn't fall asleep watching this (as it happened to me while watching Machine Girl) - bizzare, gory, and fun in some places.

three things that bought me:
- crocodile vagina
- tv commercials - they were just mad!
- human dog with katanas instead of limbs

and a little bit of sleaze - it's Nikkatsu after all, so what else to expect 8)

ok to watch once. for sure won't buy the dvd.