Tokyo Gore Police

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Tokyo Gore Police

Post by jonbly »

Highly entertaining for a while, but it really dragged in the second half as the body count fell and people started talking too much.
gory hound
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by gory hound »

I loved it
was the film i was really excited to see and i was not disappointed :D
lots and lots of blood, some awesome special effects and some hot Japanese women :D

thanks to the person who managed to get for Fright Fest
kaiju
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

tokyo gore ploice

Post by kaiju »

great fun very gory and got more and more twisted as it went along a good ending to a great day.
SianieB
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

TGP

Post by SianieB »

I agree this film dragged like hell and was about 30 minutes too long - once the tricks were all out of the bag it became repetitive and the plot was tedious. Saying that it was laugh-a-minute for the first hour and had exactly the kind of ridiculous gore set pieces I expected from Yoshihiro Nishimura. Realism was hardly the point which allowed for some pure indulgence on his part. I though the beautiful Eiihi Shiina did a great job keeping a straight face throughout...

Best prop: the fist gun.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Loved it, loved it, loved it. Perfect midnight movie with the best physical make up and animatronic effects since Society.

I'm not going to argue that it was 20-30 minutes too long, but it packed so many great ideas and invention into the running time that I am happy to indulge it.
Capt Bland
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Capt Bland »

so what if it dragged on a bit

films are escapism, horror is not reality

but I loved this - almost the best film of my first frightfest
roll on next year. Already booked my holiday time with work
The bloddier, the better
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

I think it was made very much with western audiences in mind.

It was crazy and kinda fun but not really much else. I will rewatch it after beers with the boys, that seems to be when it will work best.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Bizarre and very colourful and it did just about manage to keep me awake, but was way too long.
Fenriz
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Fenriz »

Seemed to be the big one everyone was waiting for, but I came out thinking "uhh, what was that?" not really sure whether I thought it was good or bad.

Totally bizarre film, wasn't really the gorefest I thought it would be, it was more like p0rn Power Rangers!!! and those bizarre "adverts" that kept appearing just made it even wierder - smiling girls dancing around advertising "cut your own wrists" implements, etc. The special effects looked really cheap, I don't know whether that was the idea, but when that guy had the top of his head cut off and guns came out of it, it looked like the sort of thing that had been made on Blue Peter with a washing up liquid bottle and an egg box!!!

Not sure how to judge this overall, I didn't get bored watching it, although at the same time I never thought it was particularly exciting to watch, I'm still not sure whether it was good or bad, to be it was more of an "experience" that a movie.

6/10
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Great late night beer movie if a little long.

I really must reduce my trailer watching though as I had seen every engineer limb replacement already so no element of surprise.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Agreed that it's overlong, and I think it's repetetive in the sense that there's too many scenes of limb-lopping and the ensuing spectacular fountains of (too watery) blood gushing out. It's a fun piece of splatter, though.
Khouri
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Khouri »

I loved this one. The adverts and spurting blood made me giggle. I found it entertaining and original. This may be one for my DVD collection.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I fell asleep when a man with gun eyes on stalks came on screen, and then woke up and a man with gun eyes on stalks was on screen.

Was crazy and funny, but I was sooo knackered at that point! Another one I need to see again sometime I think.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Gungrave
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Gungrave »

Fell asleep too. Same joke re-hashed for 2 hours.

Fun for a while but got tired very quickly!
The Power of THE RIFF compells me!
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

Fantastic mix of Verhoeven, Cronenberg and Yuzna but not a bit as pretentious. I really struggled to stay awake as I'm not used to watch 7 films in a row (yes, that's been my first FrighFest), so the second half felt a bit like an abstract movie to me, but I can't wait to see it again.

VERY nerd question: wasn't the theme from the police tv spots totally ripped off from the "Masters of the Universe" movie theme - the one with Dolph Lundgren in it? (I'm so ashamed to be able to notice that... :oops: :oops: :oops: )