Let The Right One In

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
Girl Serial Killer

Post by Girl Serial Killer »

I absolutely loved this. It was moving, poignant and beautiful. I'm never really been too bothered about getting things signed but when they said the writer was going to sign a few copies of his book I had to have it. Cue little adventure as I overheard someone say they'd run out of books. I grabbed him and said 'let's go' and we ran to Blackwell's. They only had one copy which I took so the poor guy had to go elsewhere while I ran back to the Odeon, making it only a minute before Alan said show over. I am pleased with my signed book that says 'For Naila, running!' I've never been such a fan girl :)
Khouri
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Khouri »

This is probably the most beautiful horror film that I have ever seen. I loved it and it was probably the best film at the festival for me. I didn’t cotton on to the twist with Eli, but perhaps it wasn’t that apparent in the film. I will definitely buy the book and hunt down anything else written by the author or directed by Alfredsson.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Stunning, I cant wait to read the book
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Twas a great film. I can already see the american remake?!

I didn't really twig to some of the (more obvious points) until the writer said. Maybe, that's why i felt so moved by it.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

absolutely brilliant - this film is stunning - a must see for anyone who didn't manage to catch it
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I'm afraid to say anything bad about this since you all loved it so much... maybe it was because I couldn't see the subtitles throughout most of the film but the whole relationship between the kids creeped me out a little too much.

The flash crotch shot just seemed uneeded too.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Yep, sorry but it was rather blah for me.

I obviously must be 'evil'
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Satans Puppy wrote:I'm afraid to say anything bad about this since you all loved it so much... maybe it was because I couldn't see the subtitles throughout most of the film but the whole relationship between the kids creeped me out a little too much.

Must disagree on this point Pup. That shot is a crucial plot point leading the audience to realise that Eli was actually a boy. In the novel this is much more spelt out with a kinda backstory, but the film just has this one shot to make things clear.

Not being able to see the subtitles can't have helped, hope you weren't unfortunate enough to be looking at the back of someones head the whole time.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

MaxRenn wrote:
Satans Puppy wrote:I'm afraid to say anything bad about this since you all loved it so much... maybe it was because I couldn't see the subtitles throughout most of the film but the whole relationship between the kids creeped me out a little too much.

Must disagree on this point Pup. That shot is a crucial plot point leading the audience to realise that Eli was actually a boy. In the novel this is much more spelt out with a kinda backstory, but the film just has this one shot to make things clear.

Not being able to see the subtitles can't have helped, hope you weren't unfortunate enough to be looking at the back of someones head the whole time.
Head and Shoulders.... :)

The whole crotch shot could have gone the way of quick simple snippets of dialogue as the film went on :P

I think I expected something all together different to what I got when I heard it was a vampire flick :P I liked the premise of "Let The Right One In" the idea that one choice can result in life or death etc etc... 'he' just happened to be the right one :D
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Satans Puppy wrote:Head and Shoulders.... :)
That sucks, I had a very short girl sitting in front of me (yay) and must say I was dreading having some huge guy sit in front of me. Always a risk at the OWE as the floor is not that steeply raked. Remember seeing The Proposition at the LFF a few years ago and having the same problem. But for five days? I don't know how you survived.

Anyway, LTROI I think was sensitively done and the shot was presented without build up to what was seen and it was cut away from very quickly.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Some people missed it :lol: when I mentioned that shot after no one I asked could remember :)

Head and Shoulders was two rows in front... he had good posture though, sittin up straight throughout the entire festival.... :P
Gungrave
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Gungrave »

Film of the festival.

I am in love with this film, it just hit the mark completely for me.

Beautiful, emotive, lingering, differently scary....just incredible.

I want to see this again and again, it really left an imprint.

10/10
The Power of THE RIFF compells me!
stanley
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by stanley »

Got to agree, Best film by a mile. Had me in tears at the end and I`ve never cried at a film before. Simply perfect
rach
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by rach »

This is the film that I am thinking about more than any of the others....and every time I think about it, I realise how much I enjoyed it.

Book is £3.19 on amazon ;)
Count Drunkula
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Count Drunkula »

Satans Puppy wrote:Some people missed it :lol: when I mentioned that shot after no one I asked could remember :)

Head and Shoulders was two rows in front... he had good posture though, sittin up straight throughout the entire festival.... :P
This may or may not have been me and if it was I apologise. (I was in G18 and have a shaved head)I did try and get as low as I could in the seat but there was no room to manouever and I have a dodgy knee that gave me constant gyp from 10 minutes into the first film I saw, despite loading up on painkillers.

Thought I was going to have to call it a day on saturday when I my knee gave way going up the stairs on the way out, but discovered deep heat cold spray which helped a bit.

Normally when I go to the cinema I get an aisle seat to stretch my leg out, but was unable to this time. I absolutely loved my experience at FrightFest and would love to go next year, however I think if I can't get an aisle seat I'll have to kick the idea in the head.

If it's any consolation though the guy in front of me was fairly tall and I couldn't read the subtitles either.
Frylock: You know what tonight is?
Carl: Yeah the night I'm downloading p[i]o[/i]rn at 14 kilobytes a second!
Carl: Ha! I'm just kidding. I got a cable modem back here.