Shorts

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

It was a stylised piece of gore.
It might have played better if half of the shorts had been straight rather than all bar one being humorous
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Some really good shorts - total fury was awesome!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

An excellent collection of shorts this year...my faves were Trousers, Total Fury and He dies at the end.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
stanley
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by stanley »

TOTAL FURY AMAZING!!!
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Yep, Total Fury was wicked; Trousers deliciously ripe.

Sure, The Chest wasn't my cup of tea but if you view it as a 5 minute exercise in 'shock' it seems to have done its job pretty well judging from the posts. Not one I'll stick on when the folks are round on Boxing Day though :wink:
Tragedygirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tragedygirl »

He dies at the end hee hee we knew it was coming ... and did anyone else screem, other than me, at the end of that!! :oops:

sheer brilliance!!!

I kinda agree with everyone about The chest seemed to be gorey and shocking for the hell of it, and might have been better for a bit of background??

I was surprised there wasnt more real scares this year. I still have the chills over the ten steps that was shown a few years back!
zoltan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by zoltan »

The Amazing Trousers being the best without a doubt.
He dies at the end being 2nd best and yes i jumped out of my seat and screamed some obscenity .
can evrenol
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by can evrenol »

Hi guys, I am the director of The Chest.

Yes my film was an exercise in excess and bad taste but that's just what I enjoy sometimes (not always).
I wanted to bring a Fulci-passionate and Fulci-badtaste supernatural, apocalyptic shock to the streets of modern day Turkey (It is the street I grew up in Istanbul).

I see the film as a deliverance of a reasonless evil. It would be useless with a background story. I imagine a different background story every-time I watch the film. I liked how somebody after the film came up to me and interpreted the chest as a symbol for the womb, cradle and the coffin.

I was seeking to provoke people in some Turkish short film festivals. I could have never imagined to make into such a festival as Frightfest! I feel very lucky to be a part of this.

ok after saying this,

THE AMAZING TROUSERS (11 minutes)
A very good film but it is neither horror nor midnight cinema. Even for a twilight zone episode it is too much of a comedy.

HE DIES AT THE END (4 minutes)
It was OK for it did it job well of scaring at the end.

PSYCHO HILLBILLY CABIN MASSACRE! (15 minutes)
Great fun!

HOMEWORK (7 minutes)
A solid film in the fashion of a children's Twilight Zone! which will be appealing to almost everyone.

TOTAL FURY (12 minutes)
I especially liked this one for the fact that it was actually disturbing until she snapped! I think this film so good that it will reach Arnold.

ANYONE THERE? (10 minutes)
Very nice to look at. Very cool ending.

NEON KILLER - I couldn't quite follow it but it is impossible not to enjoy this with all the make-ups the neon lights and its great paste! A very good short film!
THE FLEA - Great idea! And I think the old man scene in this film was the scariest scene of Monday.
THE INCURSION - Mario Bava lives on!
THE INITIATION - The Wicker Man lives on!
SMILE - Killer final scene.
bennozoid
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

From the director of NEON KILLER...

Post by bennozoid »

Thanks Mr Evrenol!

I'm glad you enjoyed my film: NEON KILLER!

I brought one of my oldest family friends along - he's 72 with a heart condition - and when THE CHEST came on and started going Fulci-tastic, I thought he was gonna drop dead with shock!! Great work.

I enjoyed all the films and felt privileged to be part of the day!
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

I very much enjoyed Neon Killer, it was my favourite of the Horrorshow anthology.

Will you be doing anything with it i.e youtube or DVD? I would quite like to see it again.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
bennozoid
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

NEON KILLER on youtube...

Post by bennozoid »

Cheers Jamie!

I have to wait to see what Metrodome want to do, as they own all the rights to "NEON KILLER", but I got so much enjoyment out of having my previous horror short - SLASH HIVE - on youtube, so I will be pushing for it....

If you haven't seen it, you can see the reduxed Frightfest Glasgow '08 version of "SLASH HIVE" here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7uF3Ncljhk
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

I hadn't seen it, but I enjoyed it very much.

Do you plan on doing a feature in this style? And/or with the same cast?
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
bennozoid
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

FROM SHORTS TO FEATURE FILMS....

Post by bennozoid »

That's the dream Jamie!....I'm sure I speak for everyone who had their short shown on Monday....

We have a Supa-Cool Feature-Film idea which i know everyone would love, and - maybe one or two short films from now - I fully intend to get my 1st feature film off the ground!....You have to first convince the money-men that you're trustworthy and can return their investment, plus make a profit...So: LOTS of hard work, learning, and planning are on the agenda.....
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

I thought this year's collection of shorts (and don't forget Phil Mucci's The Listening Dead which was shown on Sunday) were of a really high standard this year, there wasn't one stinker amongst them.

Excellent choices from Paul and I think it was a good idea to show them all in one large chunk this year.
First things first, stay calm.
Gungrave
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Gungrave »

Wasn't very impressed this year, production standards were higher but ideas were staler.

The Arnie one was fun but a bit of an easy option and very, very obvious. Fun though.

Loved the 'Trousers' and the Neon old fart cops in the compilation....they were fantastic, well made and fresh of idea.

Have prefered previous years, sorry guys, but great efforts all round. Some promising talents!
The Power of THE RIFF compells me!