Shorts

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

or danni minogue!

by the way - guilty pleasure i LOVE x -factor .. shussh dont tell anyone!

:oops:
bennozoid
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

DEATH FACTOR

Post by bennozoid »

yeah how about DEATH FACTOR? A group of kidnapped contestants have to entertain a panel of psychopaths so they can avoid brutal death....?

actually that's rubbish........back 2 the drawing board.......
can evrenol
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

SNIP and this other French or Spanish werewolf short

Post by can evrenol »

Hey Paul, you said there were some great hard horror ones that you would love to include. Can SNIP be one of these hard horror shorts? I've seen this short called SNIP at BIFFF2008 and it was great. I was hoping to see it at Frightfest as well. Also there was this French or Spanish werewolf short film called 'the bite' or smth. which was top class.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

can you are spot on my friend!

i loved it . !
Total Fury crew
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Total Fury crew »

Hi,
we are the directors of the short Total Fury, we just wanted to say a big thanks for the awesome feedback and reviews! We really wish we could have attend the fest as it sounds amazing!!

Many thanks for all of your support and to the Frightfest team who made it possible for Total Fury to be screened in UK as its European premiere!

Cheers from Montreal!

Anouk, Frank and Yoann
"GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!"
Fenriz
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Fenriz »

hi Total Fury guys! loved your short, absolutely godly, best of the short showcase and one of the highlights of the whole festival!! Seemed like it was just gonna be a mini Hostel to start with, then suddenly everything went mental!!!

The Amazing Trousers was awesome too, like a mini Carry On film! and Psycho Hillybilly Cabin Massacre was great, and He Dies At The End was genius - funny all the way, then gives us one of the shocks of the weekend right at the end.

Anyone There? didn't really work for me though, too long and never really got interesting, and Homework was just bizarre, sorry but I didn't like it.

As has been said before, there was a real emphasis on comedy in the shorts, thus The Chest looked out of place cos it was the only non-comedy...although I'm not sure 5 minutes of gratutious baby-mangling would ever go down well.

And that Norman J Warren stuff....well I'd never heard of him before, but after he'd taken the bows in front of everyone, then introduced his co-workers, and subjected us to that introduction with "the zombie", I thought we were gonna get something from a horror master or something like that....but tbh his shorts were really dissappointing and unfunny, and the previous shorts were far better.
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

Norman didn't direct any of them, fyi.

You should track down some of his features - he's one of British exploitation's greats.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Shorts

Post by scrobble »

AdeBrown wrote:THE AMAZING TROUSERS (11 minutes)
This was one of the best of the shorts (ironically) and up with League of Gentlemen for the Hammer pastiche. Who knew the bloke from the BT ads could act beyond family sitcom mode?
Get yourself a copy of Funland, sir, is all I can say to that :)

My favourite of these was probably He Dies At The End, also really enjoyed The Amazing Trousers and Total Fury. I enjoyed all of this year's shorts, apart from the German one, which for some reason left me cold.
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?
can evrenol
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by can evrenol »

I wish SNIP, MORSURE and CENTIGRADE were included in this shortfilm showcase instead of THE AMAZING TROUSERS
Count Drunkula
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Count Drunkula »

I noticed during my daily rummaging that He Dies at the End has been put up on YouTube.

If anyone fancies a gad of it.
Frylock: You know what tonight is?
Carl: Yeah the night I'm downloading p[i]o[/i]rn at 14 kilobytes a second!
Carl: Ha! I'm just kidding. I got a cable modem back here.
gregjames
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by gregjames »

I quite liked THE CHEST. Sick and wrong is always good fun.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Anyone know where you can watch the shorts again? I know The Amazing Trousers is on youtube but I can't find any of the others....the nearest I came was finding The Chest on the writers website, but it was only a few seconds, not the full thing.

I want to see He Dies At The End and Total Fury again :D
Count Drunkula
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Count Drunkula »

Wolfshade wrote:Anyone know where you can watch the shorts again? I know The Amazing Trousers is on youtube but I can't find any of the others....the nearest I came was finding The Chest on the writers website, but it was only a few seconds, not the full thing.

I want to see He Dies At The End and Total Fury again :D
Hello there.

He Dies at the End is now on YouTube. Haven't found any of the others though.
Frylock: You know what tonight is?
Carl: Yeah the night I'm downloading p[i]o[/i]rn at 14 kilobytes a second!
Carl: Ha! I'm just kidding. I got a cable modem back here.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

ah, awesome! thanks for that 8)

hopefully the others will get put on there soon :)
bennozoid
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Frightfest Shorts DVD

Post by bennozoid »

Frightfest should put them out on a DVD!.....