Death Race

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

maxmum wrote:
Hello Doris! wrote:My favourite part was the man behind me shouting "Wanker" when Andersons name came up. I could not agree more
:(

Have you met him? He's really nice.
He doesn't like me after I questioned Resident Evil and Romero's script. Stupid woman who asked where he got his shoes from won the cinema tickets. I was robbed!
Also what does Mila see in him???
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

:lol: :lol:

Fair enough if youve met him and still dont like him you can call him names.

He was nice to me though.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

maxmum wrote::lol: :lol:

Fair enough if youve met him and still dont like him you can call him names.

He was nice to me though.
Did you tell him you liked his shoes? :lol:
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

maxmum wrote: Felt like the xbox 360 game 'Full Auto' or the playstations 'Vigilante 8' or 'Wipeout' and I am extremely grateful it wasn't a 'how many points do I get for running over this old lady' type affair. Roadkill just makes me wanna puke, no need.
This was my big problem with the film.. it's got very little in common with the source material!
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

orlovsky wrote:
maxmum wrote: Felt like the xbox 360 game 'Full Auto' or the playstations 'Vigilante 8' or 'Wipeout' and I am extremely grateful it wasn't a 'how many points do I get for running over this old lady' type affair. Roadkill just makes me wanna puke, no need.
This was my big problem with the film.. it's got very little in common with the source material!
I've read that PWSA (not to be confused with PWEI) has been trying to get Death Race off the ground for a while. Which surprised me as I really thought it was one of those remakes where they borrowed the title and little else. The original film is nicely subversive and very funny it's a shame the script of the remake was so witless.

Having said that, on the mindless action level I thought it delivered.
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

MaxRenn wrote:
orlovsky wrote:
I've read that PWSA (not to be confused with PWEI) has been trying to get Death Race off the ground for a while. Which surprised me as I really thought it was one of those remakes where they borrowed the title and little else. The original film is nicely subversive and very funny it's a shame the script of the remake was so witless.

Rumor has it, they borrowed a lot of the film from a script they were shown a while back. Perhaps this is why it felt like a remake in name alone.
also, PWEI? woo! :D
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

orlovsky wrote:
MaxRenn wrote:
orlovsky wrote: This was my big problem with the film.. it's got very little in common with the source material!

Rumor has it, they borrowed a lot of the film from a script they were shown a while back. Perhaps this is why it felt like a remake in name alone.
also, PWEI? woo! :D
I heard that a screenwriter had initiated proceedings, Bloody Disgusting ran the story a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like baloney to me, as there isn't a moment in the film not blatantly "borrowed" for something else, so I doubt he's got a leg to stand on.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Hello Doris! wrote:
Did you tell him you liked his shoes? :lol:
Wasn't me ! :lol:

PWEI? woo! :D
Big mac Fries to go!
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

What a great way to end the Fest.

Loud, nonsensical, shallow and dumb. No more dour depressing bittersweet final moments for a fest that is depressing enough to get through when it ends.

Statham continues to be the only real action hero in the cinema and Anderson is still a competant at best movie maker. Its hard to hate his movies as you can see he means well.

One for the rewatch on regular release pile
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"