Autopsy

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
Gungrave
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Gungrave »

Nice comic touches saved this otherwise M.O.R. fan film. Did enjoy it though and thought the Q+A was great...those 2 are great characters!

Not a fave but did what it said on the tin.
The Power of THE RIFF compells me!
Tragedygirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tragedygirl »

sorry to all you that liked this, but I thought this was pretty dire!! I can see why all the Argento fans loved it, but it really left me unimpressed. It was so slasher by numbers that each time a teen went to his or her death I could almost see a check list being ticked off :lol:

it would be a boring world though if all us horror fans like the same stuff!!

On a plus side, I love Robert LaSardo and in fact he and his fellow Orderly did amuse me so it wasnt all bad!!
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

It gets a lot of things brilliantly right (organ tree above all) but most of them just didn't work for me - I'm kind of sick of the "average teenage girl suddenly becomes John J. Rambo so the baddies get somehow defeated before minute 85".
Robert Patrick seemed mostly there for the cash, he was 10 times funnier in The Marine.
Count Drunkula
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Count Drunkula »

Tragedygirl wrote:sorry to all you that liked this, but I thought this was pretty dire!! I can see why all the Argento fans loved it, but it really left me unimpressed. It was so slasher by numbers that each time a teen went to his or her death I could almost see a check list being ticked off :lol:

it would be a boring world though if all us horror fans like the same stuff!!

On a plus side, I love Robert LaSardo and in fact he and his fellow Orderly did amuse me so it wasnt all bad!!
It was driving me insane who the other orderly was. Then it dawned on me about 2 hours later. It was Buck from Kill Bill!
Frylock: You know what tonight is?
Carl: Yeah the night I'm downloading p[i]o[/i]rn at 14 kilobytes a second!
Carl: Ha! I'm just kidding. I got a cable modem back here.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Good fun, kept me awake which was no mean feat after sitting through The Broken beforehand.
First things first, stay calm.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Did not drag. Has some good deaths and quite like the end with the organs in separate bags hanging in the air.

This film certainly was certainly a change of pace and enjoyment from The Broken.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Was good fun, Garry Tunnicliffe outdoing himself on the effects front again, but the Argento comments just based on some use of colour? There have been far more Argento-esque films made in the past few years, its kinda unfair to compare when all you have is that just because the director was a writer on the Argento trilogy film that felt nothing like Argento...

Adam Gierasch does fantastic Q and A though, hope he will be back for future Frightfests!
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
PhilBez
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by PhilBez »

Count Drunkula you've saved me a headache there. Buck from Kill Bill - of course! That had been nagging away at me.

I enjoyed this one. A few laughs, a few scares and some inventive scenes of gore along the way. Put it this way, it provided ample distriction from the arse numb that was particularly prevalent by this time.

Don't see the Argento comparisons myself except for the colours of course but thought the directors approach to the material was very different.

Ooo opinions - I love 'em.
grzegorz
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by grzegorz »

it was quite funny. of course plot was just an excuse for some more or less funny jokes, some gory (some of them inventive) scenes. but hey, they had fun making it, i had fun watching it. it's by no means great movie (and those comparisons to Argento - c'mon! have some decency!!!) but ok to watch for one time.

and of course organ tree was deadly! 8)
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

GOOD FUN

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

I thought this was good fun, but extremely predictable. There were some tense and scary bits, which were well timed and the hospital setting as always, gave me the willies. However, it wasn't a patch on Trailer Park of Terror by a long chalk, but it was worth seeing and one of the best on the day. However, I don't think I would buy this on DVD, as I can't see myself really going back to it that much.

I thought the ending was rubbish. First of all, after being through such a traumatic hellish experience, I would have made damn sure the Doc was well and truly dead, before turning my back on him and indulging in some DIY face sewing. In fact I wouldn't have spent another nano second in the place and buggered off as quickly as humanly possible, but then Im not the heroine of a slasher movie.

I don't like those endings where the victim for no apparent reason, suddenly turns into another possible lunatic, when five minutes before hand they were fighting for their lives and relatively normal.

I think I was grateful for Autopsy after losing the will to live during 'The Broken'.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

I really enjoyed this one, it was great fun and perfect FF fare. I loved the use of colour - almost Technicolour - and the gore was great too.
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?