Autopsy

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Autopsy

Post by dangerous_jamie »

Man alive, I haven't enjoyed a film so unexpectedly in such a long time. It was a lot of fun, brilliantly gore-fuelled and hilarious.

So often with horror comedies, they can have a tendency to not be very funny or not be very scary but Autopsy definitely delivered both of those.

The only thing that bugged me about it was the burnout guy suddenly changing his whole personality to further the plot.

All in all though, a great film. I really dug it and I would quite happily watch it again right now.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Was okay but didn't really do anything that special for me.

The organ tree was good though.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I think we were too kind to it because Alan Jones likes the film(makers) and Adam Gierasch is quite amusing (if you're a fan of Gilbert Gottfried).

It's incompetently made tripe with a feeble plot and rotten acting but a couple of funny moments. That's it. Slapping a few bright colours around does not make you the new Dario Argento (even if the old Dario Argento isn't really Dario Argento any more).

To be honest, why do Anderson and Gierasch keep getting work? All their films are poop. Maybe they don't charge much.
Fenriz
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Fenriz »

Absolutely brilliant, I loved this. To start with I wasn't sure whether it was gonna be a tense horror or a comedy or what, but as soon as they got to the hospital it all became clear and it was absolutely riotus fun!

A gleeful gory splatter fast, that was very inventive, hilarious funny, and even managed some scary/shock moments. The scene where Emily finds her boyfriend on the hospital bed then switches on the lights and sees his internal organs suspended in the air was just incredible, one of the maddest scenes ever.

Best film of the weekend for me, awesome

10/10
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Fairly ho-hum movie with only three highspots in this one for me
1) The organ tree - completely mad and will probably be ripped off many times in the future
2) Robert Patrick's having a little sippy of fresh spine juice
3) Jenette Goldstein - I just love anything she does

Apart from that lots of bright colours does not an Argento make - you really cant compare this stuff favourably to Suspiria and Inferno
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Didn't do it for me.

A few good moments but generally very unoriginal and dull.

Thought the lead actress was great however and she played the part straight while the others were hamming it up.
narcan
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by narcan »

The only good thing I can think of to say about this one is that by Sunday, after witnessing at least 3 movies where characters ran around in wooded areas muttering about a lack of signal, 'Autopsy' got over the persistantly problematic issue of mobile phone technology interferring with genre conventions by having Potential Victim Of Mad Doctor Number 1's phone fall to pieces when she picked it up!!

Genius. Other than that it was complete shit from start to finish. Empty corridors do not magically become more intriguing the more times you run down them. Sorry.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Brainless fun.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Only caught the first and last five minutes, due to crashing badly on day 4. Can't say I got the impression that I really missed much. From what I did see I'm amazed it had the same DP that did Don't Look Now.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

I thought this was what low budget horror films should look like.

A combination of Dr Terrible's House of the Horrible and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace :)

Funny script. Rubbish teens to get offed. A marvellous tribute to Geoffrey Combs AND Nurse Ratched. CHEW THAT SCENERY !!!
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Well, I liked this one. After several drab looking movies drained of colour, it was good to see one with a lot of green and red splashed around the place and some good splattery gore. It's nothing that original, but very little is, and variations on a theme can be more interesting than the theme itself (can be, but doesn't always manage it). I'll stand up for Autopsy.
Khouri
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Khouri »

Comedy gore which I enjoyed but I'm slightly peturbed by the fact that the tattooed dude looked like the barman in my local... :shock:
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

I don't get it, people LOVE re-animator, but bash this?

True, it's practically re-animator, but that's a good thing. This could spawn a sequel-maybe.

And i will watch it. The best scene has to be with emily, travis, the cop, and robert lasardo. If you didn't like that, then you got no soul!
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

started slowly but really got going in the last 30-40 minutes - a good fun watch
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

It did it for me, another of my faves of the weekend.

Another to own in my collection too. Although the director reminded me of woody allen or something.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup