Gnaw

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Gnaw

Post by Hello Doris! »

Liked it but it did feel like an extended episode of Doctors - too much hammy acting. Also I didn't feel for any of them I couldn't wait for them to end up in a pie. On the other hand I did shed a tear when the old lady died - crazy lady.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Was probably the weakest one of the night, but it wasn't too bad, for a low budget B-movie type thing, it was okay. The killer guy was a bit dull, but the mad old woman was funny and it had some nice gore. I thought it was very short though, can only have been around 70 mins.

The "One year later" bit at the end was awful and let the film down - Lorri's only just found out she's pregnant, so we're supposed to believe Mr Slaughterman keeps her alive for 9 months, delivers the baby himself and has kept it alive and well for 3 months on a diet of liquidised body parts?....errr, no.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

This was the duff film of the night.

Even though it had the setting. Just did not deliver on the scares. Some wooden acting as well. Out of all the characters. I was routing for the asmatic character. In all cliched and seen it all before.

It was pretty obvious with the audience thoughts of film immediately after finished!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Girl Serial Killer

Post by Girl Serial Killer »

The opening credits sequence was quite irksome. Sheesh, we get the point.
johnnymaniac
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

GNAW

Post by johnnymaniac »

I thought this was good fun. it didn't take itself too seriously, foot shoved into the meat making machine, was really dark but comical, had some cool little jump scares, if a few too many, opening sequence was excellent as was the ending. I actually felt there was quite an intelligent little film in there, if a tad formulaic. good stuff
feelwhatifeel
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by feelwhatifeel »

came 2 frightfest with my b/f and really enjoyed this film as the opener. good gore, good scares, and nice sense of humour, quirkly little film!
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

Yeah the opening sequence/credits was way too long in my opinion!

It wasn't terrible, just didn't offer anything new but i'm glad i watched it.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Can't remember if this is the one where I turned to maxi and said "Well the composers a bit lazy* cause it was the same chords over and over again and then later on you had a halloween/F13 cross over thievery with the Chi Ha Ha.... thing from F13.... I think it was gnaw, might have been the following film :lol:

It's alllllllso fresh yet seems to have been a lifetime ago
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Yep, deffo a duffer this one. Just felt no emotional link to any characters, felt like the same old same old rehashed yet again. Shows how much character development helps a movie, Hush I cared about what happened with the main characters (the couple).
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Satans Puppy wrote:I think it was gnaw, might have been the following film :lol:
Yeah, it was this one.... godawful plonking on a piano for like 5 minutes. Where they went on and on and on and on about how people go missing and sometimes the case is never resloved. I think audiences are a bit more intelligent than need to have that one sentence explained for 5 minds over the opening credits.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
killbot
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killbot »

This was the only true dud of the night IMO - terrible acting and scripting, boring story...when will we get a good new cannibal film!?

*drops to knees, clenched fist raised to the heavens*

*rainfall*

*pan out x 2*
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

killbot wrote:
*drops to knees, clenched fist raised to the heavens*

*rainfall*

*pan out x 2*
:lol:

Very dramatic
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

killbot wrote:This was the only true dud of the night IMO - terrible acting and scripting, boring story...when will we get a good new cannibal film!?
There's only so many ways you can cook someone.... *finishes off the second postie of the week... Royal Mail never search for their flakey 'temps'* :wink:
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

cannibal shocker :shock:
The only thing thats shocking is how bad it was a truly awful experience,that really wasnt up to scratch.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Goosebumps
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Goosebumps »

pauluspink wrote:Yeah the opening sequence/credits was way too long in my opinion!
So true! with that bit for me it was like "we get the point"

This for me was deff the worst of the night.. also One year later? How old was the baby meant to be? looked far too old

I just didnt like it!