Gnaw

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Unfortunately this wasnt that great - it was very slow and there was no interest in any of the characters - one to avoid.
gizmo
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by gizmo »

Didnt like the characters at all so didnt give a toss what happened to them, no scares and all a bit formulaic, the meat pies looked good though.....
Yeah but its a dry heat!
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

It was interesting reading the interview in the little programme for the day - most of the people involved in the film weren't particularly horror fans, and it showed. They thought they were being original but it was all very predictable and boring, bloody awful acting too. Thank God it was only about 75 minutes long.

"Mr Inhaler" got on my nerves - didn't anyone on the film realise that asthma doesn't automatically make you breathless after the slightest exertion? Paula Radcliffe is asthmatic, for fuck's sake!

Having said all that, I did feel sorry for them at the Q&A. The lack of questions was embarrassing.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I have to agree with a lot of the comments posted - an inauspicious start and, no, none of the characters were sympathetic or interesting enough to draw you in.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned - the dreaded moment when, purely to satisfy the demands of the plot, someone holds up a mobile and moans "can't get a signal". Mobiles are a fact of life now and writers have to do something more than blithely set their movie in a bad reception zone. Even if you just put a caption at the start saying "Suffolk, 1977" (though that might cost more in terms of period props, costumes, design etc). I'd personally prefer it though if writers actually incorporated them into the plot.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Average at best. It would have got a better rating if the geeky dude when just about to be offed had uttered, "Don't, I've got asthma."
AliceCooperFan
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by AliceCooperFan »

Not a great start to the All-Nighter for me, I’m afraid. I found it to be a paint by numbers, cut out and keep re-hash of moments from numerous, better films. Perhaps I’m being a bit harsh (maybe not judging by the comments above!) but I don’t think there was one original idea in the whole film. The culinary USP was a USP back in 1974 when Texas Chain Saw Massacre came out! Still, I thought it was quite well directed and one or two of the actors were good, so maybe with a good script, this team will come up with a good film at some point. Perhaps if they made a film they wanted to make, rather than one they thought they could sell...
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Very disappointing.

Just surprises me that when the treatment/synopsis is finalised for a film like this someone doesn't step forward and say "hang on, hasn't this all been done before?".

Agree with another comment that it was made by non horror fans who thought they were being 'out there'.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

odishon wrote:Just surprises me that when the treatment/synopsis is finalised for a film like this someone doesn't step forward and say "hang on, hasn't this all been done before?".
Couldn't agree more, feel like I've seen this movie 1000 times over now. Can't imagine why anyone would want to make it, let alone watch it. Plus had half the cast sitting behind me sniggering in that "what a load of crap this is" way which was kind of irritating.

All that stuff from the producer about fairy tales was such bollox.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

odishon wrote: Agree with another comment that it was made by non horror fans who thought they were being 'out there'.
Yeah, I accidentally stood next to some dude in a suit who had something to do with making it straight after when i went outside for a cig, and he couldn't figure out why people were laughing and groaning at the 'I have no signal on my mobile phone' bit.

Obviously not a horror fan.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup