Hush

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

This was good. Really good. Best thriller I've seen in a very long time. A sort of cross between Octane and the Kurt Russell movie Breakdown: sodium and fluoro lights give it a very effective look, and they've not only acknowledged the existence of the mobile phone, they've incorporated it into the plot all the way through. Film of the weekend.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

streetrw wrote:This was good. Really good. Best thriller I've seen in a very long time. A sort of cross between Octane and the Kurt Russell movie Breakdown: sodium and fluoro lights give it a very effective look, and they've not only acknowledged the existence of the mobile phone, they've incorporated it into the plot all the way through. Film of the weekend.
Hehehe - I kept going on about Breakdown - trying to remember the name. Thanks to the people around me that finally put me (and my boyfriend) out of my misery!
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
AliceCooperFan
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by AliceCooperFan »

Film of the day for me. A great set up: believable, empathetic characters and a brilliant ‘What would you do?’ moment. Then the tension just kept building. I thought this was fantastic, gripping stuff. The actor who played ‘Zakes’ gave such an honest, raw performance, I was very nearly moved. This film deserves to find a big audience on release. The director’s Q&A was also good, a very enthusiastic guy who obviously loves the genre, top man. I wish I’d have asked my question (I get a bit shy at these things), how did they get the shot where the camera pulled back from the car windscreen and went under the truck?
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Really liked this one, a great British 'Road Movie'.

Didn't see the twists coming and just loved so many of the camera shots which enhanced the suspense, particularly the one mentioned above.

Great Q & A from a great guy afterwards and SO refreshing after the previous film.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

AliceCooperFan wrote: I wish I’d have asked my question (I get a bit shy at these things), how did they get the shot where the camera pulled back from the car windscreen and went under the truck?
Yeah it's a shame the dude doesn't visit here, we may get an answer if he pops in hopefully.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup