Splinter

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
Goosebumps
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Goosebumps »

I enjoyed tis one, loved the whole junkie banging her face against the window. I did get the giggles though during this one I think it was the red bull and sugar... and tracker bar...
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

My second favourite movie of the night - this was excellent!
gizmo
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by gizmo »

Really liked this one, good jump moments and brill specail effects, hope they do some decent extras on the effects when its out to buy, defo in the top three films for me along with Hush and the Children.........The hand moments kept reminding me of face huggers from Aliens or is that me being a plank, did anyone else think that?
Yeah but its a dry heat!
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Compared with Gnaw. This had jumps and some rather good special effects. Really enjoyed this one!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Girl Serial Killer

Post by Girl Serial Killer »

gizmo wrote:The hand moments kept reminding me of face huggers from Aliens or is that me being a plank, did anyone else think that?
The hand had me thinking of Evil Dead.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Very well done, although I did think it slowed down a bit too much once they were trapped in the petrol station. Call me a softie, but I liked the characters and was glad the "nice" couple survived.

Unfortunately I did nod off for a couple of minutes at one point - tiredness was setting in. I'd like to see the film again, on its own, to fully appreciate it.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

It's okay; not too bad. I'd have liked a clearer view of the creatures as they're all shot in a fast-cut hand-held technique and I'm of the school of thought that in a monster movie, you should show the bloomin' monster.

It was around this point in proceedings that I started to waver a little as far as maintaining consciousness was concerned. But only a little.

(And they solved the cellphone problem by the simple method - the bad guy chucks them out of the window. Which is at least better than "no signal".)
AliceCooperFan
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by AliceCooperFan »

Pretty good. Great organic-terror concept, but I too wish I’d have been able to see its effects more clearly. Whenever an infected person (or body part) was onscreen, the cuts got faster and the camera got shakier. Still, enjoyable stuff and worth another look when more awake…
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Good fun. Hard to pass further judgement as was SO tired by then. Will probably view again on DVD.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Interview with director Toby Wilkins:

He was born in London, and followed up Splinter with the direct-to-DVD The Grudge 3...

INTERVIEW
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Splinter

Post by zappa fan »

currently on amazon prime, plex and Wedotv
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey