My Name Is Bruce

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

My Name Is Bruce

Post by ghouldrool »

Well i had a fair bit of fun with this even if no one else did.

though ive no idea how it ended :oops:
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Was falling asleep constantly throughout this and can only remember snipets, but what I remember of it was the bits I watched being awful.

The guy on the row in front of me was laughing a every line to this....obviously he saw something in it that I didn't!
johnnymaniac
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by johnnymaniac »

worst film of the night, dull and even for an inosmniac like me had me reaching for my pillow
feelwhatifeel
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by feelwhatifeel »

No no no! Terrible
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

Wolfshade wrote:The guy on the row in front of me was laughing a every line to this....obviously he saw something in it that I didn't!
i felt the same way about the riotous laughter at the killing of kids in The Children. Different senses of humour i guess, something we just have to accept about people hey?
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

It was pretty bad, but just what I expected really. You can only do so many in jokes and the best of fans gets a bit bored of them. A large peice of cheddar.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
killbot
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killbot »

I was with this one until the last half hour. I thought the fandom jokes were pretty funny and Bruce plays a good wanker. Unfortunately it didn't have enough to keep me on board for the duration.

I think a lot of its flaws were somewhat misguided attempts to play even further on the 'Bruce in another bad movie' joke.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Bruce Campbell lampoons the state of his career and the shitty low budget movies he has to make... by making a shitty low budget movie. Hmmmm. :|

Didn't work for me at all. And Ted Raimi's "Old Chinaman" character was even more misguided and borderline-xenophobic than Chris Tucker in Rush Hour 3.
killbot
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killbot »

OMG I forgot about that! I think I might have blocked it out...
Tatums Brain
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Tatums Brain »

This film sent me into a world of darkness. Id hit the vodka and pro plus pretty hard by that point but genuinely felt like I was going to be sick on the person in front of me. Was so poor...I love Bruce Campbell but couldnt handle this film. Felt bad when was asked what I thought. The dog was good.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I LOVED The Personal Hygiene joke...

Maxi laughed too... she always makes me paranoid at these events when her whiff-o-meter goes off soon after the first movie goes off....

*sniff sniff* Nope not me.... :D

I liked it but the replay value is prolly pretty low on this one... I think it may have been more appreciated at an earlier time though. :)
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

what can i say,ok well i walked out after investing too long in this silly film already,its not that i dont mind silliness infact im all for it,but it just left out a huge gap in storytelling,so the demon escapes,next thing bruce is on the scene,wheres the town in peril,perspective completely left out.
it just made no sense to the viewer we had to fill the lack of cohesive story,which is just lazy shoddy,i walked out to be confronted by folks at the bar asking if it had finished er no!
so the best i can compare it to is the jim varney,Ernest movies and they are way better,and make sense and are actually funny unlike they call me bruce,which given the material should be.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Goosebumps
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Goosebumps »

I know Bruce is over the top but this was too over the top for my taste! but I guess its going down well with Bruce touring it in the US, My Name is Still Bruce is the hinted sequel... I will miss that one
gizmo
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by gizmo »

Thought gnaw was bad but this was my least favorite of the event.. could have been great but instead found the humour really forced and basically just did not get into it at all. Shame really cos I love Bruce. Gonna get Army of Darkness to rewatch again and hopefully that will get rid of the aftertaste left by this one..doh. Give the dog more lines next time.
Yeah but its a dry heat!
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Mmmm like the fact he can't take himself seriously and lampoons himself. This to be repeated thoughout the film just became monotonous.

Shame because I was rather looking forward to this one.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"