THE UNBORN

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

THE UNBORN

Post by Team Banzai »

a little contemporary hollywood horror to mix the mood ... was it unborn or stillborn?
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

This unfortunately had 'j-horror' all over it, but it wasn't a remake?! I can't put the entire blame on the film for me falling alseep, but it did knid of help?! :shock:
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

It wasn't as BAD as the critics made out.. certainly better than Mirrors :)

and the whole "Do you know about (Insert complicated medical jargon here)?" was a bit of a giggler... :)
kitkat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by kitkat »

I think the 'Auschwitz' line was an absolute corker. Almost as funny as 'Mirrors' but, sadly, not quite. Will make a late New Year's resolution to avoid big budget horror from now on.
Geishagirl
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

The Unborn

Post by Geishagirl »

For a generic big budget horror- this film wasn't bad. A bit silly in places (her crying while reading the letter from her new gran! eek) but for an 'original' film tis' better than most.
"When you look at your life in a strange new room, almost drowning soon, is this the start of it all?"
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

It's one of those films i'm gonna be a bit indifferent about. Liek I didn't dislike it but it's not the best I have ever seen. I would get in on dvd but not as soon as it came out, if it was in a sale then I would get it and watch it again.

Not bad, not great, just interesting. Although the kid with the freaky eyes was used a bit too often
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Fucking horrendous and not in a good way. What Platinum Dunes couldn't get the rights to "re-boot" The Exorcist so they did it anyway? The actress was gorgeous but Goyer needs to do better than build a tepid tale around left over stick shot from The Dark Knight!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

It was OK till all the jewish kibutz stuff started.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

Meh.

I enjoyed Mirrors far more because it was so hilarious and had everyone rolling in the aisles. This didn't have enough funny bits, and it was obvious who'd end up dead right from the start.

As for all the close-up shots of her eye - surely there must be some way to not make it bleeding obvious that it is just a contact lens.

Gary Oldman as a rabbi, not a role I've seen him in before. No idea if he's actually Jewish or not, but it seemed strange casting.

Just had a look at some of the IMDb comments and there are an awful lot about the butt and camel toe shots, definitely a significant percentage of the overall number of comments!
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

A few of us went to a late night preview of this in Brighton on Friday night and I had the feeling that it would probably play well for FrightFest even though, in the cold light of day, it's a pretty rubbish film.

Right from the off the dialogue was hilarious which set the tone for the rest of the film... lots of unintentional laughter from the audience and there was a well-timed heckle at (the admittedly easy-on-the-eye) Odette Yustman when she was smashing all the mirrors and exclaimed, "It's getting worse!"
"Yes, and so is your acting luv..." was the quick-witted reply... :lol:

Funny, as we left the cinema we all said that it reminded us of watching Mirrors with the FF crowd.
First things first, stay calm.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Oh Dear! Before seeing the film heard quite a few negative comments. Was really hoping I would enjoy the film.

Aaaa.. but no!

With some godawful stating the obvious dialogue. It was on humourous par with Mirrors. Even when there was a mirrors smashing scene I did say "mirrors!" .The lead actress was attractive but devoid of any believable personality.

Gary Oldman was wasted in this film. That is a great shame!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
roughcutreviews
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by roughcutreviews »

completely awful waste of time...
"When theres no more room in hell the dead will walk the earth..."
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

This one is actually out in 'plexes from Friday and I'm looking forward to it.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

So was I until I saw this thread :D
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

The only saving grace that I can see is that it has Gary "Is that my arse?" Oldman in. :lol:
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!