DRAG ME TO HELL WITH SAM RAIMI 24 MAY AT THE ICA

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Rue-morgue Jay wrote:
maxmum wrote:
Rue-morgue Jay wrote:I'm going up to the cinema store and to the curzon to pick up my 'american werewolf' ticket for next month,

If it's possible, then they'll be drinks at the 'landis' event or failing that, people know i'm good for a few rounds at frightfest! :D
Huh?

What Landis event? Is he coming? And is American werewolf in london showing on the big screen? Why the hell didn't I know !! :shock:
:D :D :D

Hmmm.. :SMUG MODE ON:

Check the site under EVENTS of MIDNIGHT MOVIES.
I had a looky at the curzon website thank you :D

But is John Landis going to be there? It doesn't say..just says a special intro... that could be a video maybe?
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
django
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by django »

Grindhouse wrote: i figure the reason the ICA is used often as its acessable and its an intimate venue and also sells out quickly,which looks good and creates demand for future events like this one.
I like the ICA, it is a nice little cinema and the intimate atmosphere you get in there is nice, but I would suggest that it's of much greater importance that the venue can acommadate the amount of people who are likely to want to go, as people have said on this thread, Frightfest is growing so larger venues need to be used. I really hope the fact they knew it would sell out wasn't the motivation for holding it at the ICA and I hope that "a 6 minute sell out" is not something that's going to be quoted in any Frighfest literature or on the website, having an event that's sold out in 6 minutes is not something to be proud of or celebrated, it just means you've disapointed a lot of your loyal customer base.
the distributors and Mr Raimi himself might have asked for a low-key event...
That's a good point and it could well be the case, it could also be a case of Lionsgate just not giving the guys enough notice which is a bit shoddy, they must have known for months when Drag me to Hell was opening here, saying all that though if Frightfest are prepared to put their name to this then they should be answerable, I would feel slightly less disapointed though if iturns out it was Lionsgate who are to blame rather than our beloved Frightfest.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Look the guys are in Cannes I doubt they will reply or address this while they are there and they don’t have to! They don’t have to answer to any of this topic or any one who posts here, remember if they didn’t start the festival there wouldn’t be any events like this!

Let put this whole thing to rest, people point out that lots of others didn’t get tickets, and that it is a small venue but everyone can’t be happy all the time!

It’s obvious you’re unhappy you didn’t get a ticket but you really have to just let it go!
django
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by django »

EvilAsh wrote:Look the guys are in Cannes I doubt they will reply or address this while they are there and they don’t have to! They don’t have to answer to any of this topic or any one who posts here, remember if they didn’t start the festival there wouldn’t be any events like this!

Let put this whole thing to rest, people point out that lots of others didn’t get tickets, and that it is a small venue but everyone can’t be happy all the time!

It’s obvious you’re unhappy you didn’t get a ticket but you really have to just let it go!
Fair comment, I agree that enough has been said on "ticketgate :) ", at least until the guys get back from Cannes and can comment on some of the issues raised here (and I'm sure they will).
Last edited by django on Fri May 15, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

well the counter point is that sure there would be no FF if they didnt hold it in the first place. But there would be no 10th FF if there wasnt an audience willing to keep going, funding it. its a reciprocal arrangement.

And FF knows that. Thats why its not at the PCC anymore, the demand was bigger. Then it went over the amount screen 2 of the OWE could handle and moved to the bigger screen 1. The popularity of the all nighter might (wisely imho) prompt them to think about looking at other venues, but will the other venues want to go through the red tape of all night opening? And if then if they chase the larger audience they get accused of selling out :!: :)

Lionsgate may well have know DMTH's release date. But could they guarantee Raimi's schedule with such certainty? Many cinemas have their schedules set up weeks in advance and i do happen to trust that this was only thrust into their laps within the last few weeks. Also what if the budget for the event could only cover the ICA?

I wouldnt say this is an issue that needs a line drawn under it but i would say, and this is rich coming from me, that its time to be a touch calmer? remember again they did impose a maximum number of tickets which is a FF first so as much as possible i feel they tried their best.
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

ghouldrool wrote:remember again they did impose a maximum number of tickets which is a FF first so as much as possible i feel they tried their best.
There was a maximum number of tickets for the ICA all-nighter last year as well.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

well then its possibly its a policy of the ICA. all other points still valid.

Those who missed out should check out the Curzon screening on tuesday the 26th. They refer to a special intro.. and they did manage to blag Bruce Campbell to appear for the MM screening of My Name is Bruce. Maybe they will nab Raimi before he goes home?

Also just had to defend FF on the board of that events Facebook page lol.
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

OK booked the coach - 15 hour travel on a national express bus in total....god i hate the coach! Sammy had better show up or I will tear someones eyes out!

:P
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

ghouldrool wrote:well then its possibly its a policy of the ICA. all other points still valid.

Those who missed out should check out the Curzon screening on tuesday the 26th. They refer to a special intro.. and they did manage to blag Bruce Campbell to appear for the MM screening of My Name is Bruce. Maybe they will nab Raimi before he goes home?

I now know that Raimi is doing more than the FF screening but I don't know where... lol

So if you're down the Curzon way, I'd risk it :)
nlc
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by nlc »

yea, the Curzon Soho thing is on Tuesday and I checked - they still have tickets left (I've got mine). Not sure about SR turning up though, but seems they have other stuff going on in the bar, free drinks and stuff...
Do the undead demons of hell still arise to terrorize the world?
Giz
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Giz »

Could someone ask him about the face in the tree from evil dead 3?

Its been bugging the shit outta me,just before Ash enters the windmill,as he's being chased through the forest,a face is clearly in the left hand tree.

Why?
It looks put there on purpose to me!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Those without tickets, maybe copy these two...

http://www.indiewire.com/ipop/photo/raimi_fans_hoping/
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

Satans Puppy wrote:
I now know that Raimi is doing more than the FF screening but I don't know where... lol

Sam Raimi will be signing at Forbidden Planet London on Sunday 24, May, 4:00PM - 4:30PM along with stars of the film Justin Long and Alison Lohman.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/Signings.html
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

ghouldrool wrote:well then its possibly its a policy of the ICA. all other points still valid.

Yea I like being called a bitch for pointing out that the Curzon Midnight Movies are run by a bunch of cocks.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

No you would not, dear Doris :)

Ummmmmm any news on the finish time yet?