Infestation

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Infestation

Post by jonbly »

This was fun. Needed a little more comedy for better balance, though... not many real laughs (especially in the early parts), so it ends up as a horror movie with some inappropriately funny moments (in that they break the mood), rather than a fully formed comedy horror.

The bug effects were surprisingly good, for what probably wasn't a big budgeted production.

7/10
Last edited by jonbly on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tschill
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by tschill »

Agree with jonbly, though I found the film well balanced between comedy and horror. Liked a lot the straight forward attitude. No bullshit explanation, no fake mercy with sympathetic characters.
Another big plus: The humour comes mainly from affectionately sketched characters, not from oh-so-amusing film quotes for a nerdy audience. (Never understood, why a quote in itself is funny.) It is especially pleasant, that they resisted that temptation, since all the genre influences from Alien to Invasion of the Body Snatchers are clearly visible. I'm very pleased, that they didn't exploit these influences.

7/10
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

A fun, very enjoyable flick - perfect late night fodder. For me the balance of horror and comedy was just right. Loved Arachno-poodle ;)
itchysore
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by itchysore »

I liked this film a lot, it was fun, it got started straight away and had cool skittery critters

You gotta love a bug movie and these guys made a really good one
splittter
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by splittter »

When Infestation started I was flagging quite a bit, I was tired and had a mean headache starting. Within about 10 mins all that was forgotten. What great film, it was everything a comedy monster movie should be ... fast, funny, smart, inventive ... although the characters had their backgrounds very lightly sketched you started to care for them pretty much from the start, it also managed to handle the odd more serious scene well without any jarring switches in tone ... I was really impressed with it, and will definitely be watching it again ... the most enjoyable of the three opening day films.
Tommy-Boy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tommy-Boy »

Low budget movie but the effects were really very good. Good mix of comedy and horror and for me a perfect late night movie.
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Needed a bit more gore for my tastes.

Finished off a very lacklustre start to the fest.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Brilliant film, knocked the previous films into cocked hats - the characters were likeable, well developed and not cliched, Chris marquette as the lead was brilliant (as a comedy actor who also does a bit of horror, he'll hopefully now be getting more lead roles). The effects were well done to say it was relatively low-budget, and the pacing of the film was just right.

Can't wait to see it again - great stuff! :-)
lone star
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by lone star »

Thoroughly enjoyed this B-movie with some quite impressive effects done with the small budget

I thought the humour and overall tone worked well which reminded me of the more "multiplex" Evolution from a few years ago - Infestation was better! Liked the fact that Cooper remained a bit of a slacker throughout and didn't morph to a front and centre action hero.

One to get when it comes to DVD! Pleased to get an infestation T-shirt in the goodie bag but not too sure about it being bright yellow :shock:
live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

6/10

Standard B movie with laughs, jumps and a bit of gore. I felt it tried to be TOO funny sometimes and cringed too much.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Really enjoyed this. Great late night movie with good special effects and witty humour. Lead actor was great too.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

It's a fun, entertaining monster pic. As it had been compared to Eight Legged Freaks I was actually a touch apprehensive - eight is precisely the wrong number of legs for any of God's creatures (spiders, tarantulas, The Beatles) - but I did enjoy it a lot as an unpretentious, unfussy "eeek!" horror flick.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

This was for me the best of the night. Thoroughly entertaining. amusing with a hapless lead character. Which was refreshing. Loved those scenes with the bugs and humans fighting with each other.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
steve806
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by steve806 »

Good fun, B movie schlock but perfect for a late night movie.
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by feggie »

Chubby shia the beef was the thing i took most from this. decent lead actor, good enough idea, really enjoyable start but the end was a bit baws.