An American Werewolf In London

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

An American Werewolf In London

Post by jonbly »

Looked really good in its remastered form... and a better movie than jonbly remembered.

8/10
chuckie steel
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by chuckie steel »

Yep great detail, I was reading loads of posters n stuff, like I never knew there was a WENDYS burger place in london back in the day, one thing was a shame was the audio that kept going in and out f sync..I thought they were both locked down or it must have been latency problem.blah blah
DROP LIKE A HEAD CHOP!
Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Sarah of the Dead »

American Werewolf in London is my all-time favourite movie, but I'd never seen it on the big screen before. It was fantastic.
[size=75][url=http://sarahhatesyourmovie.blogspot.com]Sarah Hates Your Movie[/url][/size]
Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Sarah of the Dead »

American Werewolf in London is my all-time favourite movie, but I'd never seen it on the big screen before. It was fantastic.
[size=75][url=http://sarahhatesyourmovie.blogspot.com]Sarah Hates Your Movie[/url][/size]
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Never seen this at the cinema before only on video. Its really stood the test of time and the quality of the print was superb. Really enjoyed this as a double bill with Beware The Moon and a real plus to have John Landis present this weekend.
The DeadlySpawn
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by The DeadlySpawn »

Great to see it on the big screen, but damn it was loud. I meant to ask John Landis if the footage of the tramps death still existed, but it completely slipped my mind.
Tommy-Boy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tommy-Boy »

Never seen this at the cinema only on video. Its worn really well and the HD transfer was excellent. Fun to compare Piccadilly Circus now to how it was then.
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Great to see this on the big screen.

Looked fabulous, shame about the lip sync issues though.

Having John Landis there was the icing on the cake.
lone star
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by lone star »

Love American Werewolf and I was pleased to be able to see it on the big screen for the first time. It looked great with the effects still holding up and bettering a lot of what we end up with today. Unfortunate with the sync problems, particularly bad during the "Alamo" joke.

Found the documentary fascinating and entertaining although I did wonder about showing it before the movie rather than after (although can understand it) as felt this lessened the effect of some of the classic moments and humour - having just seen it an hour or so before!

Hope John Landis had a great time throughout the weekend which certainly seemed to be the case
live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Seen it before, obviously, and I have to admit I've never been a massive, massive fan of it - I do like it, but it's never been a film I was particularly keen on (even with Jenny Agutter shamelessly besporting herself), and as I last saw it at the Prince Charles back in March I think I was probably a little too familiar with it. I rather like the brief orchestral score from Elmer Bernstein; too short for any kind of CD release but good to hear again. I'm also far too familiar with the pop version of Blue Moon that was in here, in the Douche Brothers shorts, in the Phoenix....
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Excellent to see this on the big screen and did look good.
Pretty amazing to that John Landis was there as well watching the film. Shame about the lip syncing which was out at the start and end of the film.

Thought the documentary was excellent. Very informative about where the locations were.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

I was possibly the only person there who'd never seen it before, so I obviously skipped Beware The Moon (saw the not-great I Sell The Dead instead), cos I didn't fancy seeing the film dissected and all the surprises ruined before I saw it.

Although it might be very highly regarded, it didn't do that much for me on first viewing, and it looked very dated when stuck together with all these modern films and special effects. May get the DVD when it comes out if I've got some spare cash, but it's not on my "must buy" list.
i-went-to-frightfest
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by i-went-to-frightfest »

Hadnt seen this for ages let alone having ever watched it at the cinema...but it was fantastic to see it on such a big screen and having the before the moon doc was interesting to see how all the people involved recall the movie, though i think it might have been better to show the doc after the movie. Great seeing John Landis too as he came across as such an enthusatic character
Porkboy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Porkboy »

Aah, this is one of my favourite films (scared the crap out of me when I was young - the video cover alone gave me nightmares) and I thought it looked bloody lovely in it's remastered print. Yeah, lip-syncing was an issue in a couple of spots but hopefully that won't be on the blu-ray when it's released.

As for Beware The Moon... really good documentary on the whole but I thought the director's turns to camera were a bit amateurish and gave the doc a bit of a cheesy feel.
"Last person I saw looked like you, I shot 'em in the face!"
"Shoot me in the face and I'll kick your ass!"
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

An epic film from start to finish and i feel privileged to have seen it on the BIG screen.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011