An American Werewolf In London

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Was the music in the film still the same?
i really hate it when a film has its music messed around with because of rights issues with artists and companies who own the rights.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

10/10 This has always been one of my fave movies ever made. And wow the HiDef looked great.

Yes the music was the same.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
zoltan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by zoltan »

Some needed light relief after The Horseman, and what a great choice.
Always nice to have at least one retro film thrown into the procedings and it looked and sounded great in this new remastered version.
John Landis was brilliant too especially as he stayed for the event and checked out lots of other films.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Beware The Moon: Interesting documentary with some needed humour after The Horseman, although perhaps would have played better after the main film. 7 / 10

An American Werewolf In London: Classic. Perfect balance of humour, horror, suspense and tragic love. 10 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Andy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Andy »

First time for me on a big screen, absolutely amazing!!
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

One of my all time fav' horrors. I had only just seen it a couple of months or so ago at the Curzon but the print they had was pretty bad.

This new HD print was fantastic but the lip sync was terrible, very off putting and very embarrasing considering John Landis was in the audience. :oops:
macready
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by macready »

Classic movie, but I got a little bored after I realised I'd just seen all the highlights in Beware The Moon! Looked great though, and it was nice to see it on the big screen.
fd
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by fd »

Enjoyed seeing this on the big screen, excepting the synchronisation issues.

One thing I didn't realise until I read wikipedia (that ever reliable source :? ) was :
Remake
In June, 2009, it was announced that Dimension Films was working with producers Sean and Bryan Furst on a remake of the film.[4]
WTF ? Why are rthey remaking "big name" 80s horrors ? Having already been horrified by how poor the remake of Frtiday 13th was and having a lot of trepidation around the Nightmare remake (although Jackie Earl Harley is good casting, I was not overly impressed by the trailer) I do not know what to expect any more ......

edit - spelling
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

macready wrote:Classic movie, but I got a little bored after I realised I'd just seen all the highlights in Beware The Moon! Looked great though, and it was nice to see it on the big screen.

It did seem rather odd to me that 'Beware The Moon' was shown before Werewolf instead of after it. Anyone who hadn't seen Werewolf before (there must be some) pretty much got all the best bits ruined for them, particularly the dream and transformation sequences, oh and the ending.
John Landis remarked on this himself.
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by satanslittlehelper »

Yeah, my Mrs hadn't seen Werewolf so we had to skip Beware the Moon or else it would've been ruined for her. I will catch that on DVD.

Werewolf looked amazing, the lip-synch was distracting...especially during Brian Glover's joke telling scene :)
"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath - would you be standing in the horror section?"
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

satanslittlehelper wrote:Yeah, my Mrs hadn't seen Werewolf so we had to skip Beware the Moon or else it would've been ruined for her. I will catch that on DVD.

Werewolf looked amazing, the lip-synch was distracting...especially during Brian Glover's joke telling scene :)
Having had chance to preview the digital print of Werewolf tonight, I can happily say that the audio sync problems seem to be just down to either technical issues, or the digital print the Empire had, so thankfully the Blu-ray should be nigh on perfect!

Speaking of which, can anyone (Kesslerboy, I'm looking at you!) confirm that Beware the moon is on the UK Blu? HMV don't seem to have it listed, but it is listed as being on the US "Full Moon" edition..
"I see the bad moon arising.."
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

Over egged the case for Blu Ray here. I had watched the film on DVD only the sunday before and could well make out the grafitti and that was using a Limit dvd player from 2001 and a cheapo Aiwa cathode ray TV.

All i did notice was you can see the werewolf at the bottom of the alley but i put that down to the size of the projection as i noticed it again in the pixelated reduced in size compared to all the other 4 final douche bros short.

All the ads too were crystal clear on the dvd so i call shennaigans on this. Also it was so clear the picture had been darkened especially in the love making scene, revisionism how i loathe thee.
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

One of my favourite horrors but like others would have preferred the doc after the film.

Sync problems very distracting but I'm sure everything was done to try and fix this.

Otherwise great to see it on such a big screen and in its new print.
KesslerboyPD
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by KesslerboyPD »

orlovsky wrote:
satanslittlehelper wrote:
Speaking of which, can anyone (Kesslerboy, I'm looking at you!) confirm that Beware the moon is on the UK Blu? HMV don't seem to have it listed, but it is listed as being on the US "Full Moon" edition..
It is.
Darkly Noon
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Darkly Noon »

DVD Beaver have done a comparison of the DVD and the BLu Ray.

Hardly mind-blowing to those indifferent to HD, but looks great for a nigh-on 30-year old film.