La Horde

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Dumb fun enjoyable film. With some good deaths. Quite liked the grim ending. With badly placed subtitles. I got the gist after moving head about to read the subtitles.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Haha, yeah very shouty, lots of gunshots, but not much plot! Quite liked the sped up cat fight.. but the rest of it all a bit predictable..
rach
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by rach »

A good death count but I found the movie a bit lame aside from the killoings with it having not much plot, and I was tired.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

The Left 4 Dead players were over the mooon with this one :lol:

Loved it even though i couldn't really see the subtitles but that's the thing... you didn't need to see 'em!
Porkboy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Porkboy »

I enjoyed it but felt that the end was too OTT, and it became style over substance. And it felt very derivative of many other films. But on the whole it was a solid effort, and I was never bored. 6(ish) out of ten for me.
"Last person I saw looked like you, I shot 'em in the face!"
"Shoot me in the face and I'll kick your ass!"
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

This movie was brilliant, shot straight up there with my favourites next to Dawn and Beyond.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
dnky666
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by dnky666 »

It did exactly what it said on the tin, so to speak. Fun, funny, gruesome and the zombies were actually quite scary, though that may have been more to do with the cramped location.

Loved the fridge bit. Loved the guy taking on 2 zombies with only a knife. Also loved the first appearance of the old guy, which was a "tribute", I'm pretty sure, to a scene from a Resident Evil game. I also liked the fact that it stayed bleak to the very end.

The french horror wave continues unabated.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

The best new film of the festival for me - damn now I have to wait months to watch it again! :cry:
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Plenty of zombie action, although possibly more cannibalism scenes like the zombie classics would have added more to it. 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
zoltan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by zoltan »

I watched the trailer before the event and decided this was not really for me so went for Salvage in the discovery screen instead.
Glad i did too, may catch at a later date on rental.
afabear
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by afabear »

i loved it, gore and violence with very little explanation. its a zombie film, what explanation could it have given us that we couldnt work out already?

really liked the 'dude standing on the car and going for it' bit. cool. and very noisy.

cant wait to see it again.
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

I enjoyed it but I also suffered with being unable to see all the subtitles which I found quite frustraiting. I glad that the subs on the other films were placed slightily higher up the screen.
macready
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by macready »

Satans Puppy wrote:The Left 4 Dead players were over the mooon with this one :lol:

Loved it even though i couldn't really see the subtitles but that's the thing... you didn't need to see 'em!
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought - Left4Dead the movie! I did drift off about a third of the way in as I was knackered and couldn't read the subs properly, but it was fantastic when it really got going.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Really enjoyed this. Zombies felt truly nasty and managed to feel slightly different to those in other zombie films.

Felt like a thrill ride with some great sequences.

Thought the humour provided by the older guy really worked and didn't harm the intensity of the rest of it.
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Snake head time with the subtitles but loved it :)
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."