Dead Snow

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
StuartOC
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Dead Snow

Post by StuartOC »

I watched a Blu-ray screener of this the other night, and can highly recommend. It starts slowly, but builds nicely with some gruesome action and a killer finale.

Make sure you don't miss it.
Screenjabber.com - for all you need to know about the latest film and DVD releases
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

jonbly didn't. Good stuff, with a few slightly hesitant steps visible but generally a good time was had by all (all the zombie Nazis, anyway...)

8/10
mart
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by mart »

I liked it :)
http://www.myspace.com/musicnarts
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

I always approach Zombie movies with some trepidation as I'm really not a huge fan of the sub-genre and particularly the "old-school" groaning slow-moving shufflers (lie in for me on Monday then ;)) but I'm really glad I watched this one. Well-paced, very likeable characters, inventive dispatchings and fun Zombie-Nazi's - the best movie of the day for me. Scandinavia is pumping out some good stuff!
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

was back home by the time this played but I have seen a screener and I don't really like it. I'm not one to be swayed by other peoes opinion but everyone seems to like it so I might have another look. I do like the zombie action toward the end but I hate the characters. Especially the guy in the braindead t-shirt.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

I liked this but was not quite in the right mood yet, and so I struggled with the character building and heightening suspense scenes (even though they were good enough).

I did like the way the trad. arr. comedy geeks played with the cliches, instantly disliking the horror fan, but growing to like them. The scandinavian films have much better grip on likable character, I find.

Once the zombies kick in it's a fine tribute to the proper career of Peter Jackson and Sam Raimi, some well-observed "tribute" scenes and an enjoyable ride between some predictable moments.
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Scrof the Return
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Dead Snow

Post by Scrof the Return »

I've seen so many really bad direct to DVD zombie movies that it was really refreshing to see one as good as this. This and The Horde have restored my faith in the sub genre. :D
Tommy-Boy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tommy-Boy »

Ein, Zwei, Die! As good a tag line as Black Sheeps Violence of The Lambs :) Loved this one - good balance of comedy and horror. Generally I find Zombie movies pretty bloody tedious and cant be doing with them however this one was just great.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Definitely the best tagline of the festival this year and the film itself didnt disappoint - it did what it said on the tin, and was overall a fun movie that didnt take itself seriously with some nazi zombie ass-kicking in it... which is always good! :-)
narcan
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by narcan »

I never in my wildest dreams imagined there would be a better nazi zombie movie than 'Zombie Lake' but mein gott 'Dead Snow' was brilliant!!
steve806
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by steve806 »

Great fun, made with love and knowledge. A really great start to the day.

Did anyone else notice the brilliant but subtle russian joke after the guys grabbed tools from the shed to fight the zombies?
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Great, great fun and the perfect Sunday morning wakeup. I could personally do with a little bit less of the Party Animal stuff - excessive drinking and goofing around to a thudding rock soundtrack - in the early stages. But terrific fun, a little in the Shaun vein.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

I just loved this - great mix of splatter gore and comedy, and the Nazis and snow gave it an original slant. Thought the pacing was perfect, the scene was set up nicely, and it exploded into action at just the right time, and from then on it was just gleeful bloody fun all the way! It was the perfect way to start Sunday morning :lol:

I'll be swapping cash for the DVD of this very soon!
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Also really enjoyed this one. Great setting, some good deaths Loved the contrast of the blood on white snow. Great mean looking Nazi zombies!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Nazi Zombies (Vile Undead in Sexy Uniforms)

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

One of my favourite films of the festival. Great fun, very gorey, well made, great scenery and a film requiring not too much thinking (and I don't mean that in a bad way) - Entertaining from start to finish.

Excellent.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!