Night Of The Demons

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

streetrw wrote:It was silly, nonsensical, upfront and aggressive. And loud. This one, probably more than most of the film festival, had me wanting to turn the sound down. Ear-splitting is one thing, ear-splitting punk rock is something else entirely.
Tip - wear ear plugs, I did for every film at the festival, it takes out all the reverberation and excessive loudness and makes the experience a whole lot more comfortable.

anyway, I thought this was really fun - totally dumb and brainless but a fun, bloody party all the same! I loved Autopsy last year, and it's great to see Adam Gierasch is improving as I director, this was just how I want a horror comedy to be. This and Trick R Treat would be a great pair of films to play at a Halloween party!

And the music, while over loud apprently, definitely benefited the film, the loud rock definitely fitted the debauched drunken party atmosphere, and playing Type O Negative's Black No. 1 during that scene worked really well too.

My girlfriend couldn't come to the festival, but she's a fan of the original Night Of The Demons films, and she said the remake would only be worth bothering with if it had the "tit eating the lipstick" scene still in there...she was pleased to know it did! :lol:
Giz
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Giz »

Some good effects,but this was a bit simples for me,a good teen film though.
Feed her!
marylim
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by marylim »

No, i think the sound was fantastic!
Porkboy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Porkboy »

It was a jolly enough romp. And I'm never one to shy away from anal sex on the big screen - but demon anal sex? Nice.

And I thought it was Type O Negative's All Hallows Eve that was being played during the dance/kiss/tit ripping scene, but I've just checked and your right - it was Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare-All) from their Bloody Kisses album, so apologies to the very attractive blond woman who was asking what that song was (I told her it was All Hallows Eve. Oh well, at least I got the artist right I suppose)!
"Last person I saw looked like you, I shot 'em in the face!"
"Shoot me in the face and I'll kick your ass!"
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

Wolfshade wrote:Tip - wear ear plugs,
Might be a good addition to next year's goody bag :)
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Laymonite wrote:
Dread - The Ear Plugs... with optional ringing sound... "Are you afraid of loud noises? You should be..."
macready
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by macready »

Enjoyed this a lot more than Autopsy, though I only have vague memories of the original (I remember the lipstick scene being from the first). For some reason, it didn't click till the end credits that I'd been watching Edward Furlong! :oops:

Still, a great second movie from Gierasch and definitely a movie that belongs at the fest.
zoltan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by zoltan »

Missed this for my second trip to the discovery screen.
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

When Black No. 1 was playing I was praying it would get to the bit where it repeats "black, black, black, black number o-o-one".

Man I love that song. Peter Steele should change his name to Peter I'm Not As Good As Danzig But Pretty Close.

I really dug this, loads of silly fun times. Sort of movie you can watch with mates and have a beery blast.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Satans Puppy wrote:
Laymonite wrote:
Dread - The Ear Plugs... with optional ringing sound... "Are you afraid of loud noises? You should be..."
Dread - comes with optional blindfold
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Fun, although some of the acting and dialogue were almost on a par with Giallo at times. 7 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

I was really enjoying this up until when the party ended, after that I found it really boring.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Hated this, my worst of the festival - OK so I fell asleep during Zombie Women Of Satan and left an hour into Black but I really could not wait for this to end.

I had completely forgotten who had directed it and I hated Autopsy last year. So that was a bad start for me made worse when the director said it was his ideal film with boobs and a punk rock soundtrack which should be played loud.

If he has a film in next year's FF I shall be off to the pub for sure.
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Thought it was a bit of fun, and (controversial here) definitely better than the original!

Don't usually like that type of music, but thought it worked well in context!
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
Jim Fear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jim Fear »

Did everything the director set out to do (big boobs, punk soundtrack). No classic by all means, but good fun.