The FrightFest ICA all-nighter

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:47 pm

How do you guys stay awake in the allnighters ? I'd be out like a light once 2am hit :D

orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:54 pm

DavieT wrote:How do you guys stay awake in the allnighters ? I'd be out like a light once 2am hit :D
That's the same for most of us - I can only remember seeing the first 10 mins and the last 5 of Escape from NewYork at last years allnighter! :D
"I see the bad moon arising.."

rach
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by rach » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:13 pm

Not gonna bother either, the thought of it isnt appealling - much prefer alldayers :)

Giz
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Giz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Its greasy getting home in the morning after,but good fun!
Feed her!

Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:14 pm

DavieT wrote:How do you guys stay awake in the allnighters ? I'd be out like a light once 2am hit :D
I'm really strange... my first allnighter was 2007 I think... started to flag at around 5am, then Inside came on and it was like "Holy Shit... I'm awake, are you awake?" I looked at my friend who'd never done a frightfest and here eyes were OPEN :lol:

I loved that the film had such an impact :lol:

That didn't happen last year but I did enjoy Pig Hunt or whatever it was called even if others didn't :D but once you hit that 5am bracket there's no point in attempting to sleep :lol: you've passed that threshold and your body just won't let you.

Then me and Maxi usually go on the 5 hour coach trip home at 10am... she can sleep but me, for some reason I can't pee or sleep in public :lol: so I'll be up until I get through the front door :(

Last year though we came down the night before so we could sleep in and go straight to the venue, rather than coach it early morning from manchester to london :D
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D

Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:17 pm

That all depends on the line up,the better the films the longer you're awake,the worse like we had last year sleep is a better alternative.

anyone for a gnaw and pighunt double bill :wink:
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"

Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:13 am

one of the prime reasons we do the oktoberfest as an allnighter is to save all the out of london folk the additional expenses of a hotel in central london.

yes it is usually a delirious one night of the year affair for all concerned (including us) and harks back ton the original shock around the clock events that were always 24 hour non stop all dayers.

Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:28 am

Really want to come and support the allnighter again this year - even if they show some new flick from the makers of Gnaw or Scar3D.

I'm really torn though, as it clashes with the Mayhem horror festilval right here in Nottingham - and on the Saturday, they've got a BAFTA presentation of the stunnng BBC show Being Human with the creator, cast and crew, plus a preview of next year's Season 2!! ...and Brit director Mike Hodges presenting his supernatural thriller Black Rainbow.

Just what's a horror-junkie with limited funds supposed to do?

:? :roll:
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.

maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:13 am

Clone yourself.

I quite like the all nighter vibe - I am more a night person anyway :D
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup

Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:38 am

maxmum wrote:Clone yourself.

I quite like the all nighter vibe - I am more a night person anyway :D
It's just when the sun comes up.... *looks at maxi, fearful, he covers up his bruises so the other forumites can't see how violent she gets when tired and cranky* :lol:
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D

fd
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by fd » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:09 am

It's a shame that the fourth plinth thing in Trafalgar Square is over by then.

Otherwise it could have been an interesting diversion on the way to the 24hr Tesco Metro to see who was appearring each time. :)

krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:57 pm

You see I mananged the Leeds festival all nighter, the only one that bored me to sleep was Tokyo Gore Police.

Plus my working hours are changing so i'm more likely to be finishing at 8pm-1am most days so i'm losing the pattern of going to bed at say 9am and getting up at 6. That will help.

I'm gonna give it a go, if I don't like it or enjoy it then I don't have to go again...
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"

trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Hmmmmmmm, I have a huge gig the next night and £50 is alot this month..... on the fence with this one which is a shocker as it will be the first event I'll have missed since Cambridge that was exclusively frightfest......

:cry:
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.

dr_loomis
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by dr_loomis » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:37 am

Awesomeness. *crosses fingers for Survival of the Dead and Jennifer's body*
You'd better get yourself a garlic T-shirt, buddy, or it's your funeral.

Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:50 am

trixybella wrote:Hmmmmmmm, I have a huge gig the next night and £50 is alot this month..... on the fence with this one which is a shocker as it will be the first event I'll have missed since Cambridge that was exclusively frightfest......

:cry:
Tell me you're not going to Pinktober!!! :lol: