FROZEN

Post by iomega »

The opening film, Adam Green's Frozen
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: FROZEN

Post by Satans Puppy »

Well my thoughts will be seen over at www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk in time... it's loooong.

Anyway... A Good film, Green certainly upped his game but as a non frightfester would this film be anything higher than just a tiny bit above average.

Loved the way he teased us at the end with the scene on the road but I'm happy with the ending I got and it's nice to see a film that doesn't set it up for a sequel :lol:
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

I thought this was absolutely bloody amazing, and the only film of the fest to properly scare the beejezus out of me. I was engaged with the characters and when the bad stuff starts happening, it really hurt to watch. Brilliant.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

It was ok, quite good but didn't excite me too much.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Geishagirl
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Geishagirl »

I loved this film. One of the best of the weekend. Great shooting, impressive isolated scenery and energy, nerve-wrenching tension and a dude that jumps 100 feet with his legs pointed straight at the ground :) made me cringe with awe and disgust :D Thats the way i like me horror- straight up tension with a side of 'Oh My God'. Great film, wanna see it again!!
"When you look at your life in a strange new room, almost drowning soon, is this the start of it all?"
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Thought this was fantastic, and my 2nd favourite of the weekend after Rec 2.

What surprised me was the quality of the acting from the three leads, excellent. Their plight is nightmarish, and at times, it is quite hard to watch their suffering.

"Open Water in the air" then, but very well made.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Totally loved it, looked amazing and the viewer to character relationship made you like all three of them and feel total empathy for there plight. One way or another, you were likely to die, what an awful scenario to face and that is what made it so horrific.

I can't ever see my going on a ski lift anytime soon
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

For me this was the best film of the festival. Slowly building the tension, characters you feel for and played on your imagination of what could happen next. Considering most of the film takes place on a chair lift and sustains tension as well. Just shows how well written and how good the characters are in keeping you watching.

Also the ending is the end. No 20minute fluff that at times make a film drag on.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Really enjoyed this, although slightly slow in places. I thouht the story was reasonably plausible, with believable performances. Overall good with some memorable scenes. Sadly no Adam there though! 9/10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.