Doghouse scenes

The movies of 2010 still live
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Doghouse scenes

Post by ghouldrool »

Going to have to express a disappointment here.

The only things i felt would benefit from being put back into the film would be the longer Sword lady fight and the conspiracy theory scene. The opening would be good to reinsert but honestly it was the traditional missable prologue many movies start with. You know where you see events happen that are later related to the main character over the course of the movie? well often missing these bits is ok as you then find things out at the same pace as your heroes.

The last shot was a disappointment - the shot of the gnomes butt didnt register enough for the mass mooning to feel like it was refering back to it. Having a bunch of guys moon the screen also runs the risk of making it look like you are mooning the audience :lol: Plus its nonsense as why would they cease their escape mere feet from the now faster Zombirds? I prefer the happy go lucky jauntyness of the theatrical cut freeze frame.

Of course id back a release of the "full" version on dvd/blu as theres room for DC/Theatrical cuts on dvd. But i cant see it happening, nor do i think the scenes would improve the film drastically. Then again i like it enough as it is and fully agree it does things to Lesbian Vampire Killers that cant be mentioned....
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Doghouse scenes

Post by MaxRenn »

I don't think the ommission of the trimmed material deadened the satirical anti-lads attitude bite of the film. What really hurt Doghouse was the misjudged marketing campaign that made it look so aimed at the readers of "Tits'n'wounds" magazines that I actively avoided it.

I really, really liked Doghouse, it's a million times better than LVK and had it been given a similar P&A spend by sony and a decent marketing campaign it could have done well.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

ghouldrool wrote:Going to have to express a disappointment here.

The only things i felt would benefit from being put back into the film would be the longer Sword lady fight and the conspiracy theory scene. The opening would be good to reinsert but honestly it was the traditional missable prologue many movies start with. You know where you see events happen that are later related to the main character over the course of the movie? well often missing these bits is ok as you then find things out at the same pace as your heroes.

The last shot was a disappointment - the shot of the gnomes butt didnt register enough for the mass mooning to feel like it was refering back to it. Having a bunch of guys moon the screen also runs the risk of making it look like you are mooning the audience :lol: Plus its nonsense as why would they cease their escape mere feet from the now faster Zombirds? I prefer the happy go lucky jauntyness of the theatrical cut freeze frame.

Of course id back a release of the "full" version on dvd/blu as theres room for DC/Theatrical cuts on dvd. But i cant see it happening, nor do i think the scenes would improve the film drastically. Then again i like it enough as it is and fully agree it does things to Lesbian Vampire Killers that cant be mentioned....
Totally agree with this.Thanks for saving me the trouble of typing up my feelings.
"The little pissed Welsh tit is here. And pissed"
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

I think the scenes belong in the movie. How can the studio read a script then when they see a film say, "Nope all that all has to go." Answer; they don't read the script, listen at meetings, look at director notes their doing coke and blokes down their favourite Soho nightspots.