Where are you sitting?

The movies of 2010 still live
refuseliam
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Where are you sitting?

Post by refuseliam »

Hey everyone, I'm sitting on row B and in seat 22 which is right in the middle of the second row. I'm really happy with my seating choice. :D
Add me on Facebook (I'm a social networking whore); http://www.facebook.com/refuseliam
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

I still wonder how people who sit in the first few rows survive the sound barrier and neck breaking visuals..

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Pestilence
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Pestilence »

Row O 20 and 21 for me and the Mrs.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

D26 and D27 for me and my buddy!
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Stephen with ph
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Stephen with ph »

I'm sitting in A37, which I now regard as my "usual" seat. :D Leg-room is essential.

I've been told over the years by the various folk who've sat next to me that I tend to overreact to the various unsettling events unfolding on the screen before us. Apparently, this involves me squirming, covering my eyes, occasionally starting and generally muttering warnings to characters who are about to be the receiving end of unpleasantness.

Please accept my apologies in advance. :oops:
iateabee wrote:I'm sitting in seat A38 (front row, on the left side). I'm not sure I made the right decision. I love the front row for its immediacy and leg room (it's nice to have somewhere to put your bag) but of course being off to the side isn't ideal as it distorts your view of the screen a bit. Never mind; I'm sure it will be aces.

Here's a great piece about choosing the front row from Anne Billson (one of my favourite horror-lovin' movie critics):
http://www.theartsdesk.com/index.php?op ... y&Itemid=7
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

Satans Puppy wrote:I'll be keeping my eye on the Heckler at the end of Row E... who seemed to spend all his time talking through The Final rather then watching. Sure it was bad but you know... every film shown deserves respect, it was picked for a reason :D

I was sat right near the back of the Empire during The Final and even I could hear that moron shouting his crap. He better not be like that during FF, I didn't pay £150 for some idiot to ruin the films for me. I would have thought that someone who took the time to do the sleepy queue would be a bit more respectfull. I thought The Final was rubbish but I wouldn't dream of spoiling it for others.

I didn't have any problems where I was sitting during FF last year, but had Not Quite Hollywood (Spring Awakening) ruined by someone who though warned should have really been thrown out.
Manoid
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Manoid »

We've got M33 & M32 this year, I don't think my poor neck could survive another 5 days in the front rows! Super excited, roll on August.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

I've got a ticket, says G28 on it, I've no recollection of where that is or who with, or how i got hold of it for that matter, but i've just checked with my minders that i have indeed paid for it.

Tis allright though, surprises can be fun, right?

Was there hecklers during the free screening? They certainly didn't keep me awake.

I too "overdid the refreshments", hope i wasn't too obnoxious, and appologise if i was.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

After being in row N last year in the Stalls and sometimes having to dodge heads I opted for some higher viewing in the Circle so I can be found in FF45 Woo!
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

Mr Bill wrote:
I too "overdid the refreshments", hope i wasn't too obnoxious, and appologise if i was.
Yes, you and your friends were. Please, don't behave like this again.
"I see the bad moon arising.."
deny_conformity
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by deny_conformity »

Pestilence wrote:Row O 20 and 21 for me and the Mrs.
How cool, we're 22, 23 and 24 :) so we may actually get to know each other
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

Hey folks

I'll be in Row FF Seat 12, come and say Hi.

Bring beer :)

Chris
knightyjr
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by knightyjr »

Commodore wrote:Hey folks

I'll be in Row FF Seat 12, come and say Hi.

Bring beer :)

Chris
aha! So your the bugger :P I had just filled in my card details when it said 12 had been taken, so meet your neighbour I'm number 13 :)

beer good

Another Chris
Follow me on Twitter for no news and daily swearing http://twitter.com/Knightyjr
bloodlustbarbie
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bloodlustbarbie »

Hi all,

I'm in Q 31 this year - I also felt that moving back from last years position in row L was a good move! I'm still tired from my very early moring yesterday (left Leeds at 6am) but do think the sleepy q was worth it! Thanks also to the two guys that entertained me with good conversation for the whole time - I dont think I got your names (or my memeory is just rubbish) but one of you is a teacher and the other shared my hatred of Guy Richie!

See you in August! xxx
Jim Fear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jim Fear »

If my memory serves me correctly, my better half and I will be in N19 & N20. Got to the sleepy queue around 8.30am and was pleasantly surprised how quickly the time passed until I was ready to buy my passes. I think it was mainly down to the amusing conversation with Simon and Chris (my apologies if I have your names wrong - I was pretty tired)