A Serbian Film - PULLED from line-up

The movies of 2010 still live
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Dom wrote:
ed. wrote:or have a BBFC guy with an airhorn or something. every time he sounds it, everyone put's their fingers in the ears and closes their eyes and goes 'lalalala'. then sound it again after a couple of seconds and we're back to the film.
it could work.
Don't be silly.

Sunday is the BBFC guy's day off.
Or perhaps he's in therapy after seeing such horrors!
Jackiestallone
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: A Serbian Film - PULLED from line-up

Post by Jackiestallone »

Hey, you never know, they might just show it and put two fingers up to the BBFC, and also "accidentally" screen the uncut print of I Spit on your Grave in a mix-up... lol... wishful thinking, still... :wink:
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Maybe they could replace the film with a BBFC Representative explaining, in person, to a FF crowd why we can't see a film he has seen. That could be fun, entertaining and perhaps equally as vicious as ASF!

EDIT: Actually, isn't someone from the BBFC appearing on the Monday?
horrorkid78
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by horrorkid78 »

this is fucking bullshit, they must have known this would happen.
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

Horrorkid, your right this is a fucking joke!! As a wise man once said ' i want my motherfucking money back!'
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Dom »

bernal316 wrote:Horrorkid, your right this is a fucking joke!! As a wise man once said ' i want my motherfucking money back!'
Is it a 'card subject to change' deal or can we get refunds. Me and horrorkid are driving back sunday night. If the replacement film isn't worth the late night drive can am I able to get cash back?
I'm searching for the terms and conditions lol
The DeadlySpawn
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by The DeadlySpawn »

They could just go ahead and show it anyway. I won't tell the bbfc if you don't.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

It's not good when things like that happen but I also respect the stance taken that they will not show a heavily cut version of a film, do you think this will impact on any future DVD release

What annoys me is when it gets played elsewhere but we are deemed unable to see it due to someone elses opinion
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
afabear
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by afabear »

absolute nonsense. whats the point of having a horror film festival where you have to cut the horror out of things. yes a serbian film is a bit of a rough ride but its just a film. and now i read that i spit on your grave is cut as well, since the advertising clearly stated it was going to be showing the unrated version i feel a bit like the kid from serbian film.

not happy, not happy at all,

i thought film festivals didnt need bbfc certificates anyway.

and whats the name and address of the person most directly responsible for forcing the cuts and removals.

bastards.

grumble, grumble.....

(none of the above grumbling is aimed at the FF organisers, i think they are great and i realise they have to follow whatever stupid laws are thrown at them,)

i wish i was there today. no cuts to anything shown.
Last edited by afabear on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

afabear wrote:absolute nonsense. whats the point of having a horror film festival where you have to cut the horror out of things. yes a serbian film is a bit of a rough ride but its just a film. and now i read that i spit on your grave is cut as well, since the advertising clearly stated it was going to be showing the unrated version i feel a bit like the kid from serbian film.

not happy, not happy at all,

i thought film festivals didnt need bbfc certificates anyway.

and whats the name and address of the person most directly responsible for forcing the cuts and removals.

bastards.

can i get a £ back for every sec cut from i spit on your grave please.

grumble, grumble.....

I think it is all down to the Local Authority so there is nothing FF organisers can do really - it's their loss as well as us punters. I'm assuming that if FF ignored the order to show a cut version Westminster Council would shut the whole thing down.
damatotomato
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by damatotomato »

Eddie Krueger wrote:Maybe they could replace the film with a BBFC Representative explaining, in person, to a FF crowd why we can't see a film he has seen. That could be fun, entertaining and perhaps equally as vicious as ASF!

Yes, I can't wait to ask the BBFC bod a question or two on Monday - like 'why are we back to the bad old days of BBFC v Horror Fans'? He better have a good answer and have nerves of steel. Or maybe he will cut himself from the event! Be afraid BBFC person, be very afraid...

dt
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

damatotomato wrote:
Eddie Krueger wrote:Maybe they could replace the film with a BBFC Representative explaining, in person, to a FF crowd why we can't see a film he has seen. That could be fun, entertaining and perhaps equally as vicious as ASF!

Yes, I can't wait to ask the BBFC bod a question or two on Monday - like 'why are we back to the bad old days of BBFC v Horror Fans'? He better have a good answer and have nerves of steel. Or maybe he will cut himself from the event! Be afraid BBFC person, be very afraid...

dt
I think you'll be quite surprised at how level-headed, rational and on-your-side the representative of the BBFC will be.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
damatotomato
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by damatotomato »

giles edwards wrote:
damatotomato wrote:

dt
I think you'll be quite surprised at how level-headed, rational and on-your-side the representative of the BBFC will be.
lol !!

dt
damatotomato
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by damatotomato »

I DON'T want a BBFC bod to be rational, level-headed and on my side.

I DO want BBFC bods to stop cutting films that are to be shown at a horror film festival for a certain type of critical audience that has to see films in the genre UNCUT.

There is no level-headed rationalness for the cuts they have made - even to ISOYG, yes I'm sure the BBFC man is a good mate of someone and no doubt digs horror films, and probably passed a few things he shouldn't have. But at the end of the day - he is from the BBFC and the BBFC have ruined this festival because of their cuts to movies we want to watch - so, I'm sorry, but he will get what he deserves (politely and verbally - I don't mean in a Texas Chainsaw kind of way!); the question is simple: 'Why have the BBFC cut films designed to be shown at a horror film festval when such films are not cut at other festivals across the world?'. Even a non-horror film fan I spoke to about this said - seeing as the films are being shown at a horror fest - it's pathetic they are being cut. I thought the organisers had more clout - more friends at the BBFC. Some friends they are - boo, hiss, and other expletives.

So I doubt very much that I will find the BBFC stance at all rational, level-headed and certainly NOT on my kind of side...

dt
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Dom »

“Film4 FrightFest has decided not to show A Serbian Film in a heavily cut version because, as a festival with a global integrity, we think a film of this nature should be shown in its entirety as per the director’s intention," Jones explained.

"Several film festivals across the world have already done so. Unlike the I Spit on Your Grave remake, where we are showing the BBFC certified print, as requested by Westminster Council, the issues and time-line complexities surrounding A Serbian Film make it impossible for us to screen it”

How does it all work then? Outside of Alan Jones and co. who actually has any influence on the festival because according to this email I received this morning the council don't.

"Dear Dominic

Thank you for your enquiry. Programming of the festival is independent of the council, I would suggest you contact the festival directly regarding your concern.

Best regards
Valentina"