Christopher Roth

The movies of 2010 still live
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Christopher Roth

Post by streetrw »

I wanted to like it, but I think ultimately it's another disappointment. The final reel is so badly lit that I lost track of which if the three characters was doing what to who in the basement. But I loved that villa.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Christopher Roth

Post by sherbetbizarre »

I was enjoying this up until those basement scenes...
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

I found this film pretty frustrating and would've walked out, but just stuck through with it. It was as if someone at the Umbria Tourist board had gone mad and commissioned a promotional film for Umbria and at some point had the idea of extending it to include a thriller plot (maybe similar to what happenned when Shane Meadows turned Sommers Town in to a full length film). The tone was completely wrong. Looked good, obviously had a decent budget, but the script was complete drivel and the director seemed to get every decison wrong. What was up with that pasta making scene? I was expecting Keith Floyd to pop up any moment.
nagelfar
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nagelfar »

Set up was good and believable, actors were ok although I felt that the heavenly accentuated dialog took away much of the feeling of the movie. The boar killer was an interesting concept, the killings (even if in "daydreams") well enough executed.
Unfortunatly it went downhill form there, the pasta making scene, probably to serve as a setup of characters, felt totally out of place, the acting got worse and worse, like when he finds the little package on his plate, hides it from is wife just to show it to her 30 seconds later provocing dialog such as: Oh my god, that means, the killer was in the house! No shit, Sherlock...
One of my biggest gripes with horrormovies is, when characters are just acting in a stupid way, not out of panic or not out of stupidity but just because it serves the plot. When the guy shot the sister, why didn't he shoot the killer, too? Why did he turn of the light? Why did the woman nothing but sit around and whimper?
Last but not least, unfortunatly we are in a age were cellphones are prevalent so many (horror) film makers feel the need to set up some stupid excuse why they don't work e.g. in the letter, where they are told, that cellphones don't work which caused a snicker from the audience. See "Buried" on how to use the "cell phone dilemma" for your advantage if not turn it around completely!
Only thing I really liked was the score, very Silent Hill like, anyone know who did it?

3/10