Thanks from the Douche Bros.

The movies of 2010 still live
avjoe
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by avjoe »

Hi all,

On behalf of Sir Green (who is in Munich right now promoting his ass off on both HATCHET 2 & FROZEN) and myself, I just wanted to thank you all again for another memorable year at FrightFest, (hope we didn't overstay our welcome). First and foremost, we come for the films and see our FrightFest films and family, not just to promote anything or such (even though Adam had that little gem called HATCHET 2 and we talked up CHILLERAMA a bit). This was a very interesting year for the fest, with all the hoopla over A SERBIAN FILM, I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE and the other selections, but it was a blast as always and I hope it didn't deter any of you from the communal sense of fun we always have every year together. Thank you for all your kind words on our wares, bless you all for your support as I dive into Post production on KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM (as I was shocked I was standing there with you all at all having just wrapped, it was like a waking dream), but it was all worth being there with all of you guys, laughing, screaming and staring at the screen in the dark together again. Always great to be outside discussing the last film, excited for the new one just starting or wrapping up each evening at The Phoenix where spirits were always high and flowing. Kevin would have been proud. As Adam and I have said before, it's our Christmas holiday week, and with another one gone, Im looking forward to next year already.

Special thanks of course goes out to Greg, Ian, Paul & Johanna, Alan (and the T-Shirt Team) as well as the Empire staff for being tireless in their efforts to put on one hell of a show and I hope you all felt it delivered. We had a great time as always and it was of course a blast to keep trying to get to FrightFest with our shorts, hope you enjoyed them as much as we did making them.

See you next year, hopefully with some more gory goodies!

Staying Scary,
Joe & Adam
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Joe & Adam, many thanks to you both. It's terrific that you continue to make the time for the fest and for us punters. It's great to know there are directors out there who are just as much fans as we are. Quite how you still find the time to produce The Road To FrightFest shorts I have no idea.

Sincere thanks

PS Can't wait to see Knights Joe, been waiting for you to get off your arse since WT2!
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
justin
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Thanks from the Douche Bros.

Post by justin »

joe it was a pleasure to meet u and adam,its great when guys like yourselfs actually take time to talk with fans of yourselfs and the genre,u both are so passionate about film and about watchin new stuff and your both completly nuts which just adds to your charactors! i really enjoyed this frightfest and im couning down till the next one and hope to meet u both again!!
GeorgeCaplin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by GeorgeCaplin »

Thanks Douche Bros.

I never came up to say hello during the festival, sorry about that I am sh*t at small talk and only generally have the confidence after a few beers, which is never really a good thing!

You were mentioning about that us brits were unlucky as we never had the drive-in years (which is very true) and you weren't sure where you could have a showing of your full film in open air.

For the past couple of years I have been going to a thing in London called Summerscreen in the summer time (around early august) at a place called Somerset house. They show a vaired number of films over the space of a week each year in a court yard area. You can't really fit your car in unfortunately but it's like the film picnic version. Take your own booze, food and blanket and sit down and enjoy an open air film.

Hope that's helped in some ideas for your film. Cheers.
PatrolDave
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by PatrolDave »

Fuck you Lynch!

hoho.

Really dug the shorts- the last one left me an emotional wreck.
I have a trailer and everything;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1S-qvSjrY