All Nighter News

Halloween FrightFest Fun!
PaulW.
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: All Nighter News

Post by PaulW. »

Just registered on the forum to say thank you for the tip to call and press 0. Was calling, refreshing website and was about to throw my phone across the room when that automatic booking system kept on asking if I wanted tickets for Fright Night.

Spoke to the a very friendly girl and managed to book no problem, evidently they only just got confirmation of film times, hence tickets going on sale late.

: )
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Wish I knew what the midnight movie was. At this time I have decided I can't make this years Halloween all nighter. The group had plans to make a 2 days of it and do some other stuff, but that's been cancelled now and without a killer guest and not knowing what the midnight movie is it's just not worth the cost to make it down for one night at the moment. Plus I will be starting a new job the week before so it might be tough because of that.

Have fun all who attend, wish I was there! :D
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Surprise film announced:

Welcome to the 2nd FrightFest newsletter in as many weeks. Last week we announced our fabulous lineup for The All-Nighter at the Vue Cinema, Leicester Square, London on Saturday the 29th of October. We also announced our new satellite event the following Friday the 4th of November at the Watershed in Bristol. So why are we contacting you again? Well, quite simply we have some fabulous news to announce.

Tom Six' controversial sequel to the human centipede, THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE II (FULL SEQUENCE), which was initially banned by the BBFC will now fill the midnight surprise slot at Film4 FrightFest's All-Nighter at the Vue Cinema in London's Leicester Square. The film will also play on the 4th of November as part of our Bristol event.

Tom Six and producer Ilona Six along with many members of the cast will be in attendance for the London screening. We are working on guests for Bristol as we speak.

We’re delighted to be hosting the UK premiere of the film. FrightFest world premiered the original film also directed by Tom Six, and were thrilled to learn he included the FrightFest organisers' names (Ian, Paul, Alan Greg) as key characters in his superb sequel. THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE II (FULL SEQUENCE) is exactly the sort of genre movie FrightFest is world famous for championing: it's surprising, shocking, satirical, sobering and sensational. Horror movies rarely come as controversial as Six' latest assault on the senses and we cannot wait to share its complex cleverness with FrightFesters and introduce you to as many cast and crew members as we can.

Our grateful thanks go to Eureka Entertainment for allowing us to show the movie.

There are still a few tickets left for the event. To book call 08712 240 240 or go online
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

i knew it, i knew it! :cry: :shock:
makneeboo
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by makneeboo »

The Human Centipede 2!!

How did Frightfest make that happen? i thought it was banned.

Excellent!! :D
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

...It's the new BBFC approved version -

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 0&start=60
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

sherbetbizarre wrote:...It's the new BBFC approved version -

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 0&start=60
That was inevitable, wasn't it?

Not sure if I'm excited about seeing this or not. I get the impression they were just setting out to be as "shocking" as possible, and probably loved the publicity of the BBFC ban. But at least now we get the chance to see it for ourselves.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Want to see this more out or curiosity than interest, expectations are not high.

Still the rest of the line up looks good.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Just as a general query, if I understand how things went, when 'A Serbian Film' was pulled from the 2010 screening because the cuts demanded of it were 'not in the spirit' of the festival - how is showing Human Centipeded II 'in the spirit'?

Merely a question, I'm not attacking anyone as this is all good regardless.
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

It was all a matter of timing really.

The cuts request for A Serbian Film of 3min 56secs were passed to the UK distributor Revolver less than a week before the scheduled screening.

It would have been 'just about' possible to make those cuts and resubmit for BBFC classification, but due to time restrictions it would have possibly been a crude job and the distributors would then have had to release that version as the 'official' version. Plus, there were considerations of whether to appeal / whether the director and producer who were due to attend would have been happy with showing the cut version etc etc, so the decision was made by FrightFest (in conjunction with Revolver) to pull the screening to allow time to review options.

HC2 has been going through the process of appeals now for 4 months and the cut version has been passed a month before the screening. I'm therefore assuming that the film's director Tom Six, as well as the UK distributors, are happy for the cut version to go ahead.
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Reanimator wrote:and were thrilled to learn he included the FrightFest organisers' names (Ian, Paul, Alan Greg) as key characters in his superb sequel.

:lol: :lol: Brilliant!
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I'm sorry I can't make the all nighter this year but hope you all have a fantastic time.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

I was in Screen 7 yesterday at the LFF... very nice! Should be a decent view from anywhere... its up 2 floors though.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Clocks go back too... we'll be time travellers... TIME TRAVELLERS!!!!!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D