The 2011 FILM4 FrightFest All-Nighter - Dead Meat

Halloween FrightFest Fun!
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

The 2011 FILM4 FrightFest All-Nighter - Dead Meat

Post by iomega »

Of all of the films in the 2011 film for FrightFest All-Nighter Bad Meat is the film that you know least about. This is its world premiere, so would he think?
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: The 2011 FILM4 FrightFest All-Nighter - Dead Meat

Post by Alex J »

Sadly a classic tale of an original script being meddled with and the production running out of money, resulting in a mishmash of a film with bits missing and parts that don't really work. There is a lack of on-screen kills, with more vomit than blood! Some elements do work, while the humour is hit and miss. I liked the female guard and goth characters the best. I felt sorry for the scriptwriter, who seemed somewhat shocked afterwards. 6 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Okay so they ran out of money, but I still don't think the film should have been submitted in this state, as it was blantantly missing a good 15 minutes from the end, and nothing added up as a result, and we had no idea why Taylor ended up covered in bandages, or what happened to any of kids or the diseased camp guys, and it was just a total mess as a result.

What we ended up with was just basically endless scenes of people throwing up the contents of their stomachs over each over, occassionally interrupted by the odd scenes of ugly people in gimp suits sodomising each other with strap ons, stomachs being pumped with hoses, kids being picked on by the neo-Nazi camp leader, and dogs having their internal organs ripped out.

A vile and reprehensible turd of a movie.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Not spectacular but reasonable fun and a good way to start off the night.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I liked it but hated the stuff they meddled with... :) loved the writer and actress Q&A at the end as they took stabs at it... Appreciated that she told us where her character hurt her arm though :lol:
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
TwoWeeks
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by TwoWeeks »

Felt like two completely different movies badly spliced together. The only answers came after the showing by the writer who looked as confused by it as the rest of us.

So....much.....vomit.....
BigWillyStephenson
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by BigWillyStephenson »

This wasn't a bad film and a pretty good laugh.A little too much vomit for me though.
The ending i thought was lame,i do know they had a few problems making this movie.
Not a bad start to the evening.
All in all i'll give it a 2.5 /5
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I nodded off a couple of times and thought I'd missed big chunks of the plot. Then in the Q&A I realised those chunks of plot were never actually there in the first place.... :?

Had some good moments, but it was really only half a film. I enjoyed the Q&A though.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Sadly, pretty terrible, as it clearly wasn't finished.

http://streetrw.blogspot.com/2011/10/bad-meat.html
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

A few glimmers of competence, but generally pretty grim. Lots of vomit, though...