The 2011 FILM4 FrightFest All Nighter - Faces In The Crowd

Halloween FrightFest Fun!
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

The 2011 FILM4 FrightFest All Nighter - Faces In The Crowd

Post by iomega »

French director Julien Magnat joined us in 2002 with his kick-ass comic strip sensation BLOODY MALLORY? Now back with back with an inventive and irresistible giallo-style thriller starring Milla Jovovich giving her best performance ever. Do you agree?
M Prime
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: The 2011 FILM4 FrightFest All Nighter - Faces In The Cro

Post by M Prime »

Before I start, I would just like to say thankyou to the Frightfest organisers and all involved for their hard work in bringing us this fantastic event, it really does get better every year. The reason I'm commenting on this particular thread is that I feel very strongly that 'Faces in the Crowd' was a poor choice of film for the night. Sorry Alan (as I know this was your choice) but this felt so out of place at frightfest and just killed the energy that had built up until that point. Human Centipede 2 was always going to be a hard act to follow but even without that, 'Faces in the Crowd' was a massive miss, it would have dissapointed wherever it was billed in the event. By the fourth film you really need something to keep the stimulation up as people are on the wane, unfortunately this wasn't it.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

I wanted to like this one, and while the premise was interesting, the clunky dialogue, character actions and plot points really let it down. Any tension was destroyed by some laughable moments, making this a missed opportunity. 6.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Good idea and pretty good fun to watch with some (probably unintentional) amusing moments. You will spot the killer a mile off though.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I liked it!! Acting was really bad at points and sometimes the faces confused me... :)

Loved the Elm Street references though and I spotted Lisa Wilcox!!! ... Wasn't hard since she was part of a scene that was lifted directly out of Elm St 4 practically.
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

A bit out of place, as it didn't really have any horror attributes, was just a slow moving and very average thriller, didn't do anything for me.
TwoWeeks
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by TwoWeeks »

Great concept and a nice palette cleanser for the evening. Just a shame it was so obvious.
A solid Made For TV movie, but nothing sensational.
BigWillyStephenson
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by BigWillyStephenson »

I was starting to get a little tired by this point and was dozing off at certain points during this movie.
I do love me some Milla Jovovich though,and what i saw wasn't bad although i feel that there wasn't enough suspense really.
I will definetely give it a second chance when it is released on DVD.Milla's performance was pretty good.
I just felt that the film was a little out of place at Frighfest Allnighter though (Sorry Alan).

My rating 2.5/5
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Didn't really care for this one, I'm afraid - some awful writing and plot devices, occasionally interesting but doesn't really work.

http://streetrw.blogspot.com/2011/11/fa ... crowd.html
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

jonbly quite liked this - odd, given the distinct whiff of giallo. But the central gimmick worked pretty well. The early reveal of the killer (to all but the most American of intellects) was a bit annoying, but jonbly was happy to see how things unravelled.