2011 FILM4 FRIGHTFEST ALLNIGHTER - OVERALL THOUGHTS

Halloween FrightFest Fun!
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

2011 FILM4 FRIGHTFEST ALLNIGHTER - OVERALL THOUGHTS

Post by Reanimator »

Thanks to the Frightfest team for another great allnighter event, with a good mix of films and guests. The array of cast from Human Centipede 2 was a highlight. The Vue was a good location for the event as the bar area had plenty of space and it was quite easy to get in and out. Hopefully we will be back at the Vue next year again.
GeorgeCaplin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: 2011 FILM4 FRIGHTFEST ALLNIGHTER - OVERALL THOUGHTS

Post by GeorgeCaplin »

Great Venue, Loved the inclusion of guests.

I'd say the films, to be honest weren't great, None above 3 stars, maybe, Livid that was good, and the best of the night.
HC2 average but it was a great bonus to have the cast, old and new.
Bad Meat was poor but a fun enough film to kick start the night with.
Faces in the Crowd was so trashy it was just comedy. Great concept, poorly exicuted to the point that I wish I'd been exicuted. Fun enough for a chuckle though and entertaining enough.
Cold Sweat was okay but pretty forgettable. Gave me the impression that the makers wanted to film naked women covered in wallpaper paste in slow-mo and built a story around it, which I can't blame them for. And what happened to the guy who looks like the actor from Nepolian Dynamite? That chase scene, the humour that should have been there was maybe lost... I don't know it just didn't click.
The Waterman, was terrible, it was as bad, maybe even worse, than the altitude movie last year. I would have been much happier if The Reef was shown again as we never got to see it on the big screen in the end.

I think I missed out on maybe an old school film being shown, and maybe one that was above 3 out of 5. Livid could have been this but it just didn't grab me by the end, but that's my personal opinion which can't be helped. It's ending bordered more on cheesey than touching.

An enjoyable night anyway and good one to 'groom' the girlfriend into horror and all things naughty and nasty. I think her favourite was Faces in The Crowd.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Many thanks to Alan, Ian, Paul and Greg, the cinema staff and the casts and crews of the films for another enjoyable Frightfest Allnighter.

If only the cinema wasn't sooo hot! For me, three films were successes (Livid, HC II and Cold Sweat), the other three less so, but it was definitely worth the trip to London.
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Not the greatest selection of films we've ever had, but Livid was great, the Human Centipede "event" was enjoyable and the Dead Meat Q&A was better than the film.

The air con failure soured the event for me, somewhat. I'm sure it contributed to me falling asleep in the last two films...

Shame, because I'd seen loads of films at the Vue in the previous couple of weeks at the London Film Festival, and there were no heating issues then!
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Enjoyed it. It's true that too many of the films weren't up to much, and previous years' lineups have been stronger (finishing off with back-to-back FRONTIERS and INSIDE!?!??!?), but good fun. Liked the venue as well (although they could have let us go up on the escalators rather than hunting up and down the staircase!).
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

streetrw wrote: previous years' lineups have been stronger (finishing off with back-to-back FRONTIERS and INSIDE!?!??!?).
there really hasn't been an all nighter like that since!

okay, firstly the films - sadly this continued the trend of "not great" all nighter line ups that we've had since 2008, one good film (Livid), one okay film (Cold Sweat), one very average and completely out of place film (Faces In The Crowd), and 3 absolutely dreadful films (Bad Meat, Human Centipede 2 and The Watermen). I know HC2 pretty much had to be there because of the controversy and the event that was created, but I really don't see how an awful and obviously unfinished film like Bad Meat could get on the line up.

Having said that though, it was a fun night, the Vue is the best venue for the all nighter we've had imo, the bar area was very spacious and with good seating, and perfect for a beer between films. The whole of the HC2 cast coming was a nice touch, as was that centipede in a tank they brought along...very surreal! I hated the film, but the build up was an interesting event to see. The sloping of seats in the Vue was perfect, unlike at the main event their was no chance of getting peoples heads in your view! The only downside was the air con, when you're trying to stay awake at 4am having a cinema like a sauna really doesn't help.