Urban Explorers

Pick at the bones of 2011's films
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Urban Explorers

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Shame about the subtitles, although it was kind of interesting watching that conversation from her (uncomprehending) point of view. Ending felt like a blatant sequel set-up.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Urban Explorers

Post by xBIGJOEx »

i thought it sucked to be honest.
I would have prefered it all to be in German and subtitled rather than the "international" mish masg they went for
Crap acting too

4/10
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
Pumpkin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pumpkin »

I didn't mind the lack of subtitles and i didn't dislike the film but it didn't do anything new.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

I found this to be quite terrible, the lack of subtitles didn't bother me it was the way it ripped off Frontiers/Creep all in one movie.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Reminded me of 'Creep', with splashes of 'The Descent' and 'The Hills Have Eyes' remake thrown in, albeit not as good as any of those. This suffers from predictability, offscreen kills, some very silly decisions by the characters and some dodgy acting. Still, there are a few effective scenes, gore and suspense, while the setting was interesting. 7 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

can't even remember the ending. pretty shit. started off well i though, great location for a horror movie and i liked the nazi thing bu then got very standard, went on and on and on. funny when someone clapped at the neck break bit.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I really hated this one. Reminded me of all the films mentioned above, especially Creep (and of course Death Line) plus the likes of Catacombs and that awful rubbish we saw at the all-nighter, Spiderhole. All the kids were such idiots and the jibber-jabbering killer was just annoying, subtitles or no subtitles.

Thank god there's not much chance of that sequel appearing.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

pretty formulaic but not bad overall
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

I rather liked the setting for this film being underground. Nicely paced, tense film. Even without subtitles. I though it was a bit strange how the man did not translate the conversaton he was having to the girl.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Liked the setting... bored to death!!!

Even with the subtitles it wouldn't be any better.
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
iateabee
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by iateabee »

You know there's a problem with a film when the audience cheers at the death of one of the protagonists (with whom we're presumably meant to identify). Geez, that female character was bloody annoying.
nagelfar
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nagelfar »

iateabee wrote:You know there's a problem with a film when the audience cheers at the death of one of the protagonists (with whom we're presumably meant to identify).
This being frightfest that is not necessarily the sign for a bad movie. :lol:
itchysore
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by itchysore »

nice idea, poor execution, was looking forward to this and felt let down. Considering the villian was shot and battered round the head a load he was looking pretty chipper at the end....
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Entirely predictable. The fact that I could understand quite a lot of the German didn't improve it. Took some time out for a snooze.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Urban Explorers

Post by daveroughcut »

Guffer. To many plot gaps but it might have been saved if we'd had some subtitles.
Last edited by daveroughcut on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.