Troll Hunter

Pick at the bones of 2011's films
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Troll Hunter

Post by jonbly »

9/10 - Trollll!!! Docked a point for wobble-cam, but this was really fun. It would be interesting to know just how little these kind of CGI effects cost these days...?
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Troll Hunter

Post by Meanbobs »

Troll Hunter was a cracking way to start day 3 with some great characters, tasty folklore and excellent monster design keeping it fresh and interesting. I'm glad that a few of the Billy Goats Gruff survived. TROLLLL!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Dom »

Superb film. Favourite one of the day and delighted to see it on the biggest of big screens.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Complete disappointment for me, needed a good 10 minutes chopped from the runtime to improve the pace. 6/10
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

just the kind of genre film frightfest should show...funny for all the right reasons
the house shot her !!!
djwoody
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by djwoody »

A great surprise and a great movie. Funny as f**k in parts.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I think my film of the festival and a definate purchase when released.
Excellent
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

Loved it - great fun and the cgi was very nicely done. Was a bit put off by the found footage shakey cam but it actually worked fine.I thought it was ok in terms of timing
8/10
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
Pumpkin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pumpkin »

I had already seen this at Somerset House but I think it's a wonderful film. Nice to see something different and very impressive for their budget.
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Really liked this an definitely one of my faves of the weekend.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Loved it, funny, full of action, and quite imaginative and inventive with the 4 different types of Troll in the movie.

Lots of good movies from Norway at FF in the last few years - Cold Prey, Manhunt, Dead Snow and now Troll Hunter.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Wolfshade wrote:Lots of good movies from Norway at FF in the last few years - Cold Prey, Manhunt, Dead Snow and now Troll Hunter.
Agreed!

I'd accidentally read a couple of reviews of Troll Hunter because I didn't realise it was on at FF.... they were quite "mixed", so as it turned out the film far exceeded my expectations.

I generally like the "found footage" kind of film anyway, but I think this made a very nice transition from mockumentary to having a really strong storyline as the film progressed. I found myself caring a lot more about the characters than I did in many more "serious" films in the festival.

Add in the great CGI, awesome sound design and the beautiful Norwegian scenery and this was an absolute winner.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

I love my monster movies and I loved this beyond thought possible, truly funny and witty in places with some great sights to behold.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Awesome fun - in my top 5 for the festival
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Blair Witch meets Hans-Christian Andersen in this fun and intriguing Norwegian fable that treats its material with sincerity. I preferred this to The Host. I liked the satirical / social commentary and was impressed by the special effects. A good opener for the day and my only real quibble was the lack of fallout after the death of one of the characters. 8.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.