Fright Night - 3D

Pick at the bones of 2011's films
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Fright Night - 3D

Post by lupogirl »

This one was a let down for me. Loved the original Fright Night. It is hard not to compare it to the original. Even though they took the story and changed it slightly,

Did lack any chemistry betwen the two leads, it was though they were siblings. The character of Jerry Dandridge was devoid any charisma or chemistry. Shame because Colin Farrell looked the part. David Tennant was wasted in this film. Liked the fact he was drunken magician and he looked great. Was not in the film much. Good to see Chris Sarandon!

Thought the film was watchable and the 3D element was pointless.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Bigcat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Bigcat »

Pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed it for what it was - a glossy remake. Would probably only scare pre-teens and people like my Mum though.

Oh and did anyone notice that the write up in the programme was based on the original?
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Went into this with zero expectations - and it didnt disappoint.

The original Fright Night was and still is one of my all time absolute favourites of the 80's - love everything about it, performances, soundtrack the whole lot.

This was a totally un-necessary remake and god only knows why they bothered with 3D (i'm no 3D fan anyway - havent seen one yet worth bothering about ... I slept through 45 minutes of Avatar and dont think I missed anything) Colin Farrell 0 Chris Sarandon 10, David Tennant (oh dear God ... saying "f**k" a lot doesnt make you edgy and cool dear) doing a poor man's Russell Brand (was Russell too expensive?) -5 Dear Old Roddy McDowell 12.

Big Meh - I'm actually surprised I stayed for the duration ... obviously was feelin masochistic.

Is it too much to ask for ORIGINAL movies to be made rather than these godawful, lazy re-hashes???

Rant over :)
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

^^ Good rant. :D
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Fright Night - 3D

Post by daveroughcut »

Not much to add here it's pointless, it's soulless and the houses look like some shitty council scheme. Shite Night. Why was Farrell's performance all twitchy and looking about himself?
gazadams
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by gazadams »

good film but not a patch on the orginal :(
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

was okay, followed the plot of the original very closely and didn't add much, and the 3D was entirely unnecessary - if something's in 3D I want to be jumping back at objects flying out the screen from me (like Final Destination 5 did so well), and cos lots of the film was very dark, the glasses made things even worse. Colin Farrell and David Tennant were fun in this and made the movie really, without them it wouldn't have been up to much. Considering most remakes are naff, this was surprisingly enjoyable, if still not up to the original.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Agreed that the 3D is entirely unnecessary and on occasions reduces the image to an indiscernible murk. It was borderline okay but nothing more; Tennant's Peter Vincent is for the most part a thoroughly dislikeable tossbag.

http://streetrw.blogspot.com/2011/09/fright-night.html
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
TrickRTreatz
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by TrickRTreatz »

tentacles wrote:3D had absolutely no point - the same as practically with all other horror 3D releases so far...
nothing else left to say
"Poison, Drowning, Claw or Knife. So Many Ways To Take A Life"
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Disney+
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey