brad1000 wrote:cheers for the info

Oooooh! Get her!
HA!
stshaw
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Films for FrightFest The 13th 2012

Post by stshaw »

sherbetbizarre wrote:Surprised Ben Wheatley's SIGHTSEERS didn't make it, but then the release date is November 30th according to imdb, so one for Halloween then...
I plan to see it in Hamburg on 22.08 before flying to London for Fright Fest :)
anoy yin barsted
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by anoy yin barsted »

stshaw wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:Surprised Ben Wheatley's SIGHTSEERS didn't make it, but then the release date is November 30th according to imdb, so one for Halloween then...
I plan to see it in Hamburg on 22.08 before flying to London for Fright Fest :)
8 minutes past ten?
Fred Krueger! He's inside me, and he wants to take me again!
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

I've got to admit that I didn't have "Tower Block" on my radar, before it was announced as the closing film of FF.

However, the buzz is starting to build and this looks like a goody.

Check out the new poster (and ratings ... even the Sunday Times likes it!!), and some further details in the Digital Spy site.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news ... iller.html

Cool. 8)
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

i was right about the captured bird !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont miss this !!!!
the house shot her !!!
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

brad1000 wrote:i was right about the captured bird !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont miss this !!!!
Am I being thick? :oops:
I still don't get this reference ...
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Wulfster wrote:
brad1000 wrote:i was right about the captured bird !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont miss this !!!!
The Captured Bird is one of the films in the shorts programme that was announced a few days ago.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

MaxRenn wrote:
Wulfster wrote:
The Captured Bird is one of the films in the shorts programme that was announced a few days ago.
oops sorry. Double- :oops:

Looking forward to the short films showcase, as there are always some gems ...
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Wulfster wrote: Looking forward to the short films showcase, as there are always some gems ...
It always one of my highlights, although there were a few too many splatsticks shorts last year, one or two of those are okay. However the shorts sound like quite a varied bunch this year.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Wulfster wrote: Looking forward to the short films showcase, as there are always some gems ...
I'm not much of a fan of it, saw another film in the Discovery screen when it was on it 2010, and didn't think much to the shorts last year - Brutal Relax was the best and even that wasn't that great, Banana Motherfucker was absolutely dire.

May try to get a ticket for the Muumy's Shroud on the rediscovery screen and give the shorts a miss.
anoy yin barsted
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by anoy yin barsted »

Wolfshade wrote:
I'm not much of a fan of it, saw another film in the Discovery screen when it was on it 2010, and didn't think much to the shorts last year - Brutal Relax was the best and even that wasn't that great, Banana Motherfucker was absolutely dire.

May try to get a ticket for the Muumy's Shroud on the rediscovery screen and give the shorts a miss.
Don't go Banana Motherfucker on me Wolfshade, but I don't understand your aversion to the short films. You've lost me on this one. Aren’t the short films just like the longer films, except, well, a bit shorter?

Double you tee eff??!

(The Mummy's Shroud is a top drawer tale from the Egyptian crypt, so fair play mind)
Fred Krueger! He's inside me, and he wants to take me again!
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

why you shouldnt miss the captured bird -

As a result of director Jovanka’s reputation in the horror world and former position as editor-in-chief of Rue Morgue Magazine, her first film project attracted a world class crew of experienced horror filmmakers. Guillermo del Toro is the executive producer for the film, Karim Hussain is the director of photography, Douglas Buck is the editor, and the special effects and monsters were designed and built by Spectral Motion.
the house shot her !!!
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

looks like a lot of big genre movies have been bagged by the TIFF's Midnight madness...."The Bay ", "ABC's of death " , "No one lives" and "Seven psychopaths" all have great pedigrees to be potentialy awesome !!!!
the house shot her !!!
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

anoy yin barsted wrote:
Don't go Banana Motherfucker on me Wolfshade, but I don't understand your aversion to the short films. You've lost me on this one. Aren’t the short films just like the longer films, except, well, a bit shorter?
I'd disagree that they're just shorter versions of the long films, I find the short films tend to be mainly attempts at silly comedy, which very rarely work. A couple have been good in recent years (e.g. Total Fury and He Dies At The End in 08), but mainly I tend to find them unfunny, banal and tedious. If there were a few serious horror shorts I think it would be better, the shorts tend to be heavily skewed towards comedy, I know a short lends itself to comedy more than a full length film, but I think less "humourous" shorts would be beneficial.

Glad I skipped the shorts in 2010, as I watched Outcast, which turned out to be one of my favourite films of the festival.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Never sat and watched them, depends what the other screens options are this year will determine it.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com