Purchasing Tickets

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
domdunc
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: Purchasing Tickets

Post by domdunc »

I came up with this idea last night and haven't seen it mentioned here yet. How about using an external system to book tickets (like Ticketmaster) instead of the empire website that isn't designed to handle these kind of loads. I'm assuming this would cost money so I suggest having online tickets cost a little more, with the tradeoff being you are guaranteed a reliable website to book the tickets on, that will reserve your tickets while you pay and is unlikely to crash.

This way the empire still gets the full ticket prices it would get, and we get a reliable ticket system, and personally I know I wouldn't mind paying a few quid extra for that peace of mind.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

The same thing happened on the IMAX site when tickets for Prometheus and The Dark Knight Rises went on sale... They've promised to install a new system in time for The Hobbit.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

I'd say NO WAY to ticketmaster and their ilk getting involved.
Gigs are overpriced due to agencies and their fees and sold out to touts and their own internal touting mechanism.

There are one or two "ethical" ticket agencies, but really, the Frightfest system is not that broke.

The only problem Empire need to sort out is that you can "confirm" seats part way through the process and then lose them when you come to pay.
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
domdunc
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by domdunc »

AdeBrown wrote:I'd say NO WAY to ticketmaster and their ilk getting involved.
Gigs are overpriced due to agencies and their fees and sold out to touts and their own internal touting mechanism.

There are one or two "ethical" ticket agencies, but really, the Frightfest system is not that broke.

The only problem Empire need to sort out is that you can "confirm" seats part way through the process and then lose them when you come to pay.
I was just using ticketmaster as an example. We just need a system that is designed to handle large simultaneous loads, and reserves your seats while you pay.

The Empire site has had these problems since day 1 so I doubt they're going to do anything about it now, and why would they? As long as the tickets sell out they're happy.
chary
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by chary »

Perhaps it would actually help to know whether there is a problem to begin with, in other words how many people wanted a weekend pass and didn't get one?

what could be the reason for this?
does anyone know whether the number of weekend passes available to the public actually rose or fell compared to last year and the year before that.

also what are the numbers of seats available for individual films and specific days, and how have their numbers changed compared to previous years. (They can obviously make more money by increasing these and decreasing the number of weekend passes available).

possible solutions

would it be possible to increase the supply of passes, prehaps this could be done by using some of the other screens for people who purchasing day passes or individual movies.

If too many people are chasing too few tickets then another solution is to raise the price of the weekend pass, not only is it the fairest way of doing things but it would also make purchasing the day passes more attractive. If someone who purchases all day passes also gets the goody bag then it has the affect of increasing supply of the weekend pass
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

iomega wrote:Here is a bit of good news for you all hot off the presses so to speak.

FrightFesters who were unable to get festival passes and bought five day passes instead in order that they could attend the whole event will also get a goodie bag this year.

The above was in the goodie bags thread - don't know if all will have seen it and this looked like the most logical place to put it as well.
domdunc
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by domdunc »

TheDukeAbides wrote:
iomega wrote:Here is a bit of good news for you all hot off the presses so to speak.

FrightFesters who were unable to get festival passes and bought five day passes instead in order that they could attend the whole event will also get a goodie bag this year.

The above was in the goodie bags thread - don't know if all will have seen it and this looked like the most logical place to put it as well.
Damn! I bought 4 day passes and a couple of singles for friday! Do I still count ;)
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

You would like to think so...
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
stshaw
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by stshaw »

After moaning at the beginning of this thread I guess I should say a big thanks to Team FrightFest for their decision to give a goody bag to those of us who bought all five day passes. Well done! Only a week to go!!!
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

Is it only weekend pass holders that get any freebies? not fair!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

jeneralrobin wrote:Is it only weekend pass holders that get any freebies? not fair!
There are frequent freebie give-aways over the whole weekend that are open to everyone. Bit of a bunfight and some inconsiderate people grab handfuls of the same thing rather than take one and leave the rest for others, but if you get in quick you can get something. Also during the Q&A sessions they often hand out freebies for people who ask questions.

But the goodie bags are only for weekend pass-holders, yes.
stshaw
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by stshaw »

Goodie bags are for those with weekend passes and those who bought day passes for all 5 days