A little off topic

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: A little off topic

Post by Kris »

I may just take you up on that offer :D

Its easy enough to deal with but I just know that times when I am away from the things and people that keep me away from drinking is when I find it harder.

I get a few weeks, months under my belt and then for some random reason I drink again.

Its not doing me any harm as such, but on the other hand its not doing me any good either so its about time it came to a stop. I enjoyed FF more sober than when p*ss*d.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I have a few beers of an evening, but drink far less over an FF weekend than I do over a usual weekend.
anoy yin barsted
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by anoy yin barsted »

Kris wrote:I may just take you up on that offer :D

Its easy enough to deal with but I just know that times when I am away from the things and people that keep me away from drinking is when I find it harder.

I get a few weeks, months under my belt and then for some random reason I drink again.

Its not doing me any harm as such, but on the other hand its not doing me any good either so its about time it came to a stop. I enjoyed FF more sober than when p*ss*d.
Kris, I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you the sort of person who could, amongst all the excitement of Fright Fest, lapse and, despite best intentions, find yourself with a pint in your hands? If so, perhaps at the start of FF you should give the Empire Staff a picture of yourself, along with instructions not to serve you alcohol?

This has worked with friends of mine who are struggling with drink problems when they are in places where they feel that they could be 'at risk'.

Anyway, I'm really glad you seem to have a hold on this, and that the support which you have received on this board reassures you that we are all behind you old son.
Fred Krueger! He's inside me, and he wants to take me again!
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Old?? Ha cheers...

Love your suggestion.

A lot of my drinking was done prior to going out in the morning and i'd keep a small bottle with me during the day. Last year I went back to the room prior to The Innkeepers, had more to drink, fell asleep and missed the film.

Hopefully getting a grip on it now, steadily.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
anoy yin barsted
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by anoy yin barsted »

Kris wrote:Old?? Ha cheers...

Love your suggestion.

A lot of my drinking was done prior to going out in the morning and i'd keep a small bottle with me during the day. Last year I went back to the room prior to The Innkeepers, had more to drink, fell asleep and missed the film.

Hopefully getting a grip on it now, steadily.
I am sorry if my referral to you as 'old' was a source of offence my friend, but it was not meant to be taken that way. English is not my mother tongue, you see, and sometimes my language is, how you say, not so goods.

'Old son' is a term of endearment that I have often heard workers use towards one another as a way of ingratiating themselves!

Perhaps we should stick with 'buddy'.

Shame you missed Innkeepers buddy, it was very blockbuster, very creepy. Ironic that an inn is traditionally a place that sells alcohol...and you missed seeing it due to alcohol! (laughing at the problem is a step towards defeating it- 'fear makes the wolf bigger than it is'.....)

Lets tey and make sure that you don't miss anything this year!
Fred Krueger! He's inside me, and he wants to take me again!