Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:58 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by rawshark » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:12 pm

stshaw wrote:Most looking forward to:

But I am most excited about the opportunity to see Sightseers next Wednesday in Hamburg (and V/H/S if I am feeling energetic enough).
Oh, and stshaw - Sightseers is brilliant. Dead-pan, low-key, high-end genius. It's a bit of a shame it won't be at FrightFest, but the LFF will premiere it in the UK later this year.
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?

Rue-morgue Jay
----
----
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: HAMPSHIRE

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by Rue-morgue Jay » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:30 pm

I can't choose 3 to be honest, but the ones i will hope to see (barring any mishaps- ie- like last year when i over slept and missed all of troll hunter):

MAIN SCREEN:
The seasoning house
cockney's vs zombies
grabbers
maybe the argento film
hidden in the woods
REC3
euro crime
under the bed
tulpa
maniac
Sleep Tight
Berberian Sound Studio
Sinister
American Mary
After
Chained
The Possession

Discovery
Kill Zombie
Nightmare Factory

The one's i haven't put (mainly the last films are up in the air at the moment, as is nightbreed. not the biggest fan of it, i own it but am not in a hurry to see the cabal cut).

Rue-morgue Jay
----
----
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: HAMPSHIRE

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by Rue-morgue Jay » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:32 pm

rawshark wrote:
stshaw wrote:Most looking forward to:

But I am most excited about the opportunity to see Sightseers next Wednesday in Hamburg (and V/H/S if I am feeling energetic enough).
Oh, and stshaw - Sightseers is brilliant. Dead-pan, low-key, high-end genius. It's a bit of a shame it won't be at FrightFest, but the LFF will premiere it in the UK later this year.

really? may have to try and grab a ticket for that screening. i always try to see one or two films a t the LFF. They have some good stuff on most years.

User avatar
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: Local to London, England
Contact:

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by Wulfster » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Looking forward to;
"Grabbers" (Nice "Tremors" vibe about this ...)
"REC3" (because it's REC3 ...)
"Cockneys Vs Zombies" (mainly because I think it's going to surprise people, also because on some other film forums there's been far too many vicious anti-Londoner comments, and too many smart-@rse who-could-tell-the-difference comments ... har-bleedin'-har)

Not really bothered with;
"Dead Sushi" (liked "Machine Girl", but can't be doing with this, need to skip at least one late-nighter)
"Tulpa" - Don't really have a good feeling about it...Guessing it's style over substance.
"Hidden in the woods" - Seen some dubious reviews of this

Can swing from love to hate;
"Sinister" - I loved the trailer and I hope I love the film. However, the synopsis makes me think that it might be yet another lead-character-loses-marbles-imagines-threats-and-hallucinates-putting-loved-ones-in-danger type flick. I'm getting bored with that storyline. I hope that it's not true or that cliche'.

BTW: People are still talking about an Argento film (and it's on the site program). I understood from the facebook page that the guys had announced that there will be an interview, but there will be NO screening of any Argento film for various reasons. Anybody else know different.
:?:

DJBenz
-----
-----
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by DJBenz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:33 am

Wulfster wrote:BTW: People are still talking about an Argento film (and it's on the site program). I understood from the facebook page that the guys had announced that there will be an interview, but there will be NO screening of any Argento film for various reasons. Anybody else know different.
:?:
The Frightfest Twitter feed confirmed there would be no film, just a trailer reel, interview and book signing.

User avatar
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: Local to London, England
Contact:

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by Wulfster » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:52 pm

DJBenz wrote:
Wulfster wrote:BTW: People are still talking about an Argento film (and it's on the site program). I understood from the facebook page that the guys had announced that there will be an interview, but there will be NO screening of any Argento film for various reasons. Anybody else know different.
:?:
The Frightfest Twitter feed confirmed there would be no film, just a trailer reel, interview and book signing.
I thought that was still the case ...
Many thanks for the confirmation DJB.

The180Curse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: North London, Crouch End

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by The180Curse » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:53 pm

Top 3 for me:

V/H/S
The Possession
Sinister

Bottom 3:

Outpost 2
Grabbers
Elevator

Really also looking forward to: REC 3, Berberian Sound Studio, Chained
Image

jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:16 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by jonbly » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:23 am

Least is pretty easy - things that aren't films wasting my time on the main screen. Eurocrime, interview and quiz. I'd rather give that time to the Glasgow re-runs.

Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:18 am
Location: Royton, Oldham
Contact:

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by Kris » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:05 am

Hmmm, can't wait to see Rec 3, V/H/S and Posession.

Overall this year a very solid line up with a few i'm not bothered about that would allow me a lie in or siesta
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com

User avatar
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:48 am
Contact:

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by morralex » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:23 pm

The more I think about it, I'm not looking forward to Tower Block and I'm annoyed about Errors of the human body being on at the same time as main screen films I want to see - wish it was on the same time as outpost 2.

Also, really really up for chained. Just started reading a review and stopped so its all a surprise. I'm trying to do the same thing with sleep tight and hidden in the woods.

domdunc
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Top 3 films people are mostly/least looking forward too

Post by domdunc » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:23 pm

morralex wrote: I'm annoyed about Errors of the human body being on at the same time as main screen films I want to see - wish it was on the same time as outpost 2.
Agreed. This was one of my most anticipated but I'll probably have to miss it for now.

Post Reply