sleepy queue

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: sleepy queue

Post by DeanoG »

So far I have been to about three or four Frightfests, but have never done the sleepy queue.

Was thinking of attending the sleepy queue this year, but probably seems like showing up at 9 in the morning or something would not be a good idea. ( as I would be waaaaaaaay way at the back ).

( I thought it was a sleepy queue, because you wake up early on a Saturday morning, not because you have been there all night, so, so naive )

Hope to get three sets of weekend passes this year, so fingers crossed, wish all of you the best out there in the cold ! Hopefully we get our summer by then. :D
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

I got there about nine last year and got a decent seat in the middle of the front but no aisle seats left at that time though.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Been to the sleepy queue three times. Turned up at 6:00am the first time and since then around 8:00am. Really cannot fathom why anyone would want to stay there from Friday - it really just means that everyone else feels the need to start turning up earlier.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

DeanoG wrote:( I thought it was a sleepy queue, because you wake up early on a Saturday morning, not because you have been there all night, so, so naive )
It can mean both...
Was thinking of attending the sleepy queue this year, but probably seems like showing up at 9 in the morning or something would not be a good idea. ( as I would be waaaaaaaay way at the back ).
You'll still get a ticket - people tend to go early if they are desperate for an aisle seat.
zur-an-arrh
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by zur-an-arrh »

Hello GUYZ

This will be my third Frightfest, but this is the first time I'm considering the Sleepy Queue. After last year's fandango with getting tickets from the website- VERY close call- I would rather not risk it this year.

Can you help a brother out here?

1) I live on the other side of the country, so if I get a coach, I wont get in to London until about eightish on the Friday night: is this in enough time, or will weekend passes effectively be sold out by this time (ie, will the volume of sleepy queuers be capacity by Friday night?). I can't make it any earlier, because my boss has got my balls in a vice.

2) How safe are we in this queue? Any horror stories? (pardon the pun)

3) What survival essentials should I bring?

Thanks. Sorry for appearing to be such a newb. :s
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

zur-an-arrh wrote:Hello GUYZ

This will be my third Frightfest, but this is the first time I'm considering the Sleepy Queue. After last year's fandango with getting tickets from the website- VERY close call- I would rather not risk it this year.

Can you help a brother out here?

1) I live on the other side of the country, so if I get a coach, I wont get in to London until about eightish on the Friday night: is this in enough time, or will weekend passes effectively be sold out by this time (ie, will the volume of sleepy queuers be capacity by Friday night?). I can't make it any earlier, because my boss has got my balls in a vice.

2) How safe are we in this queue? Any horror stories? (pardon the pun)

3) What survival essentials should I bring?

Thanks. Sorry for appearing to be such a newb. :s
Hello,

1. That's plenty of time, we got there a few hours later than that last year and there was only about 20 people in the queue.

2. It's very safe, we all look after each other. You do get asked a lot "why are you sitting there?" Lol. If anyone falls asleep, everyone looks out for them so you've got nothing to worry about. Just get talking to the people around you and you'll end up making loads of new fiends to talk to.

3. I take a camping chair, a sleepy bag, energy drinks and snacks. There are plenty of places to get food but there is a period of time when everything is shut so I take a few snacks in case I get the munchies.

Hope that helps, look forward to seeing you in the queue, come find me and my buddies when you get there and we'll all be new friends :D
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
zur-an-arrh
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by zur-an-arrh »

Thanks Suzy!

What a lovely reply. I will pack some extra munchies now to share with you and your pals!

See you soon!
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

zur-an-arrh wrote:Thanks Suzy!

What a lovely reply. I will pack some extra munchies now to share with you and your pals!

See you soon!
YAY! New best friend lol
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
BigWillyStephenson
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by BigWillyStephenson »

Hello all.

Big Willy will be in the Sleepy Queue which will make it my 3rd year.
Really pumped for this year and if everybody is feeling sleepy come saturday morning i will give you all a session of DDPYoga to get you energised.It should be a fantastic festival this year The Dead 2:India looks kickass.

If you want to say Hi and share Drinks/Snacks please don't be a stranger i'll be easy to find.

See you all in the Sleep Queue.

BigWilly
zur-an-arrh
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by zur-an-arrh »

Hang on, one last little quizzle.

What happens if it...........rains????
namesy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by namesy »

If it rains.... you get wet! Take a good jacket, you don't have to wear it if it stays warm.

For all those wondering if the sleepy queue is worth turning up the night before for.... yes. You may not need to in order to get a seat as so far all people that turn up in person get a weekend pass but it's all part of the experience. You get to meet people and make new friends who you will see again in August or end up chatting to on Twitter or Facebook.

Everyone is really friendly and you don't have to worry about falling asleep or going to the toilet, there will always be someone awake to watch your stuff.

I might do a Horror quiz for everyone to keep us going during the night!!

See all of you there - I'll probably be getting there sometime around 7pm.
zur-an-arrh
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by zur-an-arrh »

Man alive!

Fair play. I was in two minds whether or not to do the Sleepy Queue, so I thought I'd make contact and suss the situation out.......

And look: Suzy has invited me to be part of her entourage, you've got WigBilly energising us with some low impact physical exercise, and now old namesy is offering to put together a quiz!

This is the spirit! This is FrightFest!

I can imagine our Ian clutching a fist to his chest in pride!

Namesy, I am not very good at quizzes, but I will have a go, and will look forward to having that go, godamnit, you lovely, lovely man.
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

I totally agree, the sleepy queue is brilliant because you make new friends, have a laugh and get your pass for FrightFest. We all have a great time.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
namesy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by namesy »

Well I've just put the pressure on myself!! Ha ha

If anyone wants to add me on twitter feel free @The_Modal_Node

Or find me on Facebook (Damon Rickard).
halloweengirl
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by halloweengirl »

namesy wrote:Well I've just put the pressure on myself!! Ha ha

If anyone wants to add me on twitter feel free @The_Modal_Node

Or find me on Facebook (Damon Rickard).
I've just followed you on the twitters as I think you follow me - I'm so crap at this new fangled social media stuff - I'm @scarytraci. Hopefully see you in the sleepy queue.