Films for Frightfest August 2013

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
sdaveak47
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: Films for Frightfest August 2013

Post by sdaveak47 »

Can't wait for 2pm tomorrow, my productivity at work is going to hit an all time low (and that's going some).

Only got a hotel for the Saturday & Sunday night but might try and make it up for the Friday too - going to be my first year.

From my list of films I've made up for myself (!!) Frankenstein's Army, You're Next, The Human Race & Insidous 2 are the ones I really want to catch - hope at least a couple are on when I'm there.

Of films not mentioned Lloyd Kaufman's Return to Nuke em high might be in with a shout, I'm not a big fan but there's room for more than one kind of tree in the forest.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

The Fantasia festival has announced its first batch of films: http://www.indiewire.com/article/fantas ... edium=feed which might suggest some that Frightfest could play.

Across the River (atmospheric Italian horror of some description - this year's attempt to resuscitate giallo?), Halley (Mexican zombies), L’Autre Monde (claims to be a documentary but seems to be a mockumentary, as writers are credited and it's about a supernatural area of France. Is from the director of Dust Devil), The Weight (Korean film about a mortician. "Taboo-smashing" and "subversive" are mentioned in the description which I'm guessing will turn out to be euphemisms for necrophilia).

Just 10 hours till we find out.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

sdaveak47 wrote:Of films not mentioned Lloyd Kaufman's Return to Nuke em high might be in with a shout, I'm not a big fan but there's room for more than one kind of tree in the forest.
Uncle Lloyd's in London in the next week or so, I wonder if he's meeting with the Frightfest boys at all?
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

DJBenz wrote:
sdaveak47 wrote:Of films not mentioned Lloyd Kaufman's Return to Nuke em high might be in with a shout, I'm not a big fan but there's room for more than one kind of tree in the forest.
Uncle Lloyd's in London in the next week or so, I wonder if he's meeting with the Frightfest boys at all?

Return to Nuke 'em High is being screened this Sunday at the Prince Charles Cinema, that's why Lloyd Kaufman is stopping by.

It's very unlikely that they'll be screening this again for Frightfest
I do Special Make-Up Effects & Prosthetics (SFX): Graphic Delusions: Facebook Page
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

I know it probably means nothing but when I tweeted hoping to get Insidious 2 for Frightfest, one of the actress in the movie Favorited my tweet. Also Frankenstein's Army did the same on another tweet.

Again it doesn't confirm anything but it's given me more hope than other guesses. ;)
I do Special Make-Up Effects & Prosthetics (SFX): Graphic Delusions: Facebook Page
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

pauluspink wrote:Return to Nuke 'em High is being screened this Sunday at the Prince Charles Cinema, that's why Lloyd Kaufman is stopping by.
Aha, I did wonder what the purpose of the visit was.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Who remembers BASIC?

Line10
Pace around room impatiently
Tap watch and check it
Line20
Refresh Laptop screen
If Film program is there GoTo Line30
Stare at clock
If > 2pm GoTo Line20
If < 2pm GoTo Line10
Line 30
Wee yourself a little bit and read

:green:
bump3r1
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by bump3r1 »

So I'm guessing I got my wish of curse of chucky given the banner on the news page, FF
u rock my world :-)
You think darkness is your ally but you have merely adopted the dark, i was born in it!!

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!

Craig Beecham - Facebook.
Lou_Roll
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lou_Roll »

Completely over excited about Curse of Chucky.
Nothing like a sarcastic, ginger arse hole killer doll to sort me out on a Thursday evening.
MI5 messed with my salad.
Twitter: Lou_Roll
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Total Film have already picked out their 13 favourites from the line-up!

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/frightfes ... ll-line-up
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Think the timings still need to be sorted out, on Friday there seems to be a film at 12 then nothing until 4pm, and there's 2 films at 6pm on Saturday.
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

Wolfshade wrote:Think the timings still need to be sorted out, on Friday there seems to be a film at 12 then nothing until 4pm, and there's 2 films at 6pm on Saturday.

Maybe they're adding the Total Icon interview in between those times?
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

pauluspink wrote:
Wolfshade wrote:Think the timings still need to be sorted out, on Friday there seems to be a film at 12 then nothing until 4pm, and there's 2 films at 6pm on Saturday.

Maybe they're adding the Total Icon interview in between those times?
ah maybe, but nothing mentioned so far. Would make sense though, as the Total Icon is usually earlyish on the Friday.
Darkly Noon
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Darkly Noon »

I made a YouTube playlist for the trailers I could find online so far. Get comfy, there's 37 of them!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... E86yi4YV_U
zur-an-arrh
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by zur-an-arrh »

good work Darkly Noon!