VHS 2 - do I or don't I?

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
StuartB
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: VHS 2 - do I or don't I?

Post by StuartB »

I didn't like the first one. This one is totally different. Timo Tjahjanto steals the show with Safe Haven (as he did with L is for Libido in the ABC's). It's worth seeing for his segment alone.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

I didn't like the first one either, but I thought I was alone in that - but it appears people here shared my thoughts. Good to hear the sequel should be better, and I will be watching it (too lazy to go for DS tickets, i'll probably be camped out in the main screen all year this time) but I don't hold out much hope for it. Anthology movies are almost always poor in my experience - I'm still waiting for one to change my opinions on that (Trick r Treat came close but that is only loosely an anthology).
Twitter: @ArghZombies
Rob@Sky
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Rob@Sky »

I've seen it and thought it was 3 stars, solid, but nothing special other than Gareth Evans' Indonesian religious cult segment. Preferred the first one. I'm going to check out Wither instead; that looks awesome!
Twitter: rob_a_daniel
Web: www.electric-shadows.com
Ta!