Frightfest - Need to know information

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Frightfest - Need to know information

Post by satanslittlehelper »

TheDukeAbides wrote:
satanslittlehelper wrote:I would share my top tips, but I like going to places where there are no queues and can get in and out quickly :p and as much as I love you all, I will never tell. ;)
Or we could all just follow you:
satanslittlehelper wrote:F35 and 36 for myself and the mrs. Same seats for the last 4 years now. They feel like a home away from home. :D
*exits out the side door and disappears into the crowd* :s
"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath - would you be standing in the horror section?"
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Disappears into the crowd like Hannibal at the end of Silence of the lambs or more like the end of Usual Suspects?
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

zappa fan wrote:Disappears into the crowd like Hannibal at the end of Silence of the lambs or more like the end of Usual Suspects?
"And like that...he is gone"
"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath - would you be standing in the horror section?"
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

One place that I can suggest is "EAT" on Lower Regent St (opposite the TESCO), they do a nice Pie Mash and Gravy for about a fiver... :lol:
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Just to let everyone know that we are working on reduced price parking again this year. We couldn't do it last year as the Olympic Authority had booked out the complete car park at the bottom of Panton street. We have also worked out a deal where you can get 50%, yes 50% off of food at the Leon Brussels restaurant about 5 mins walk from the cinema.

There will be more info on both of these and others things as we get nearer the festival.

Ian
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Excellent :D
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

Yeah, great news on the cheap parking Ian. I can bring my car up again this year now, stick around for all the late night films and not have to spend ages waiting for a night bus :)
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scoutthehorizon »

iomega wrote: 50%,

Ian
Holy hell, so that place is pretty much going to be infested with Fest'ers every lunch & dinner time; talk about taking over the Square!

Now what about 50% off drinks somewhere too... ;)
mytwocentsfilm.wordpress.com

Twitter @scoutthehorizon
sdaveak47
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by sdaveak47 »

Can i take a bag into the cinema? - I've got to check in/out at a certain time and it doesn't fit in with start times (i'm staying in HHH but only Thursday, Saturday & Sunday nights due to awful planning)
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

sdaveak47 wrote:Can i take a bag into the cinema? - I've got to check in/out at a certain time and it doesn't fit in with start times (i'm staying in HHH but only Thursday, Saturday & Sunday nights due to awful planning)
I usually have a bag of sorts with me (man-bag), which is no problem in the cinema, but on check-out day I leave my rucksack at the left luggage in whatever train station I'm heading out of.
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

DJBenz wrote:
sdaveak47 wrote:Can i take a bag into the cinema? - I've got to check in/out at a certain time and it doesn't fit in with start times (i'm staying in HHH but only Thursday, Saturday & Sunday nights due to awful planning)
I usually have a bag of sorts with me (man-bag), which is no problem in the cinema, but on check-out day I leave my rucksack at the left luggage in whatever train station I'm heading out of.
Left luggage is very handy - I flew in from Dublin on Friday to get in the Sleepy Queue and just left my suitcase at the Kings Cross one all day for nine quid before I set off for home Saturday evening. It opens at seven am and shuts at 11pm, so you could drop it in on the Friday morning easy enough before anything gets going but I'd allow a decent Thick Backpacker margin as you can guarantee you'll be stuck behind a party of four minimum when you're in a hurry.
sdaveak47
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by sdaveak47 »

Thanks for the info Franks & Benz (see what i did there).

Due Empire Cinema & HHH being hugely tolerent of my ineptitude i managed to cancel everything i'd ordered so far and have rebooked a full weekend pass, and 4 consecutive nights a HHH so happy days

I will take advantage of the locker at the Station for the Monday tho'
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

sdaveak47 wrote:Thanks for the info Franks & Benz (see what i did there).
Aha. Would you like to see the dessert menu? :D
bloodlustbarbie
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bloodlustbarbie »

Not sure how many vegans attend FF but I've found a few places to eat nearby (5-10 mins walk from Empire) in the last few years - the Marks in Covent Garden has a reasonable selection, 'Food for Thought' also in Covent Garden (busy at lunch time but proper meals that can be got as take away), 'Vitao' in Soho (buffet is amazing, can be take away). Sundays can be a bit of a struggle getting something in the evening as its usually the bigger chains that are open later, have to be a bit more organinsed but other than that I've managed ok - do tend to spend most of the breaks walking to get food though so have been less sociable than I could have been! I've found that taking my thermal mug and bringing my own tea in the mornings is really useful, plus it saves lots of money (ha, spot the northerner!). Hope that helps xxx
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Oooh yeah a flask
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com